Foggy Notions presents Cass McCombs, Whelan's Nov 15 (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

tomorrow night[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8mDaMMOYmo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8mDaMMOYmo[/ame]

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just won free tickets for this, fuckin sweet:):):).

fucking lovely. except for the fuckers talking throughout(i had a go at 2 of em. pricks)
and the fact that it felt like they only got into it when they had to finish for the fucking club.

fuck off with your clubs would ya?

pains me to say it but i was pretty disappointed, like g said above it only took off towards the end but by then the place was filling up with the club crowd.

villagers were pretty damn impressive.

then i got way too drunk and had to go home. leaving whelans at 1.00 there was a queue going all the way round the corner. what's wrong with people?

"And so I got a job cleaning toilets
in a nightclub in Baltimore.
And I guess that's that
Almost shorter than a dream
And definitely of less note"

That song is fucking brilliant.

"And so I got a job cleaning toilets
in a nightclub in Baltimore.
And I guess that's that
Almost shorter than a dream
And definitely of less note"

That song is fucking brilliant.
it is. it is indeed. i caught the last ten minutes of this gig. cos i was TVoTR. they were shit. but cass seemed distracted or summat and the talky cunts at the back need sorting out. with a pipe

and the talky cunts at the back need sorting out. with a pipe

yeah the 2 lads i had a go at were a real shower of pricks.
yer man walks down on to the main floor on the phone and he is shouting 'WHERE ARE YA I CANT SEE YA? IM IN DA CLUB'.

so basically i just said SHUT THE FUCK UP AND WAIT TILL THE GIG ENDS YOU PRICKS. to which they replied,' wait buddy, she rang me, i didnt ring her'. FUCK OFF.

yeah it was a bit frustrating that the gig ended just as it got going (when the lights went down) but i really enjoyed the new songs. and the night was all about simplicity. his voice and his guitar playing alone are so distinct.

shame it was ruined by club policy and obnoxious cuntbags.

pretty sure i was behing you g-stereotypical during that (unless someone else said it to the dicks), was gonna say something but id just bitched at a couple that were talkin non-stop and dryhumping off me, not pleasant.
the villagers were great and cass playin in the dark was cool too, would have been better if it could have gone on just a little bit more but fuck it.

morg, what's with the lack of bells? i looked and looked but none did i see.

His songs are delicious. A pity it couldn't have gone on longer.... or maybe I shouldn't have missed the start of the gig... but I blame the All Blacks for that.

Also loved the minimalism of all the arrangments, letting the bass and drums do much of the work and the guitar being really sparse on top.

I was up the front and it was totally fine, i couldn't hear one talker.
Why not just move? That's the deadly thing about standing gigs! Pick your spot!

My lovely vantage point also meant i got to watch the bass player's peculiar line-dancing moves all night.
He plays with Scarlett Johansson too apparently!

Great gig. Such an oddly chosen set. Strange fish, that Cass!

'Not the Way' in the dark was beautiful.

yeah i should've just moved but the guy was really pissin me off so the whole "i was here first dickhead" mentality kicked in. still really rude of people though, if someone is willing to play for you, you should have the decency to shut the hell up for 5 mins.

I'd like to reiterate the annoyance of this fine gig being ruined by the venue opening up to the club crowd. Such a shame, but I thoroughly enjoyed McComb's performance for what it was. The new stuff sounds amazing, and it was great to hear Equinox and Not The Way (only one tune of A was dissapointing though.) I quite enjoyed Villagers too, but in light of what happened with the end I think they should have played a slightly shorter set.

pretty sure i was behing you g-stereotypical during that (unless someone else said it to the dicks), was gonna say something but id just bitched at a couple that were talkin non-stop and dryhumping off me, not pleasant.
the villagers were great and cass playin in the dark was cool too, would have been better if it could have gone on just a little bit more but fuck it.

morg, what's with the lack of bells? i looked and looked but none did i see.

Sorry Rita, i had black bells on, you probably couldn't see them in the dark. Yeah i really liked Villagers. Cass was cool too but i was pissed at the shortness of the set. That's That and Equinox were the highlights for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back