flavoured salts (1 Viewer)

piggles

I love salt and probably use too much so thought I'd go for the good stuff and ordered some halen mon salt from here:
http://www.seasalt.co.uk/

Their little gift set comes with 5 10g pots of different flavours... Pure, Oak Smoked, Organic Celery, Organic Spiced and Taha'a Vanilla.

They are great, big crunchy flakes but not too salty and a great smell/flavour off them so a little goes a long way. The celery one is great sprinkled over hummus and they give a little card suggesting what you could use each one on. Am going to try the vanilla one over popcorn next yumz.

That bacon salt business also sounds interesting...
http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=57675&highlight=salt

Anyone know of any others? Or made your own mixes?

The Hickory variety of Bacon Salt is decent enough but the main Original flavour tastes really fakey. I think you'd be better off scraping off bits of bacon fries on whatever you were making. There's also the fact that it is a flavour without the texture, even the ones that taste quite nice mess with your head a bit. :)

i'm trying to wean myself off salt (mostly in the form of soy sauce) the last few days
using a teaspoonful instead of pouring a couple of shots worth onto every plate of food seems an ok way to go about it
things are starting to taste less bland now but the first couple of meals were rough

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back