Flat/house renting horror stories (1 Viewer)

Mine isn't exactly a horror story but the worst place i've lived in was in Ranelagh about two years ago when i first moved to Dublin. I needed a place in a hurry and thankfully only stayed about three months. The house was in a bit of a state, no cooker, a shower beside the kitchen that barely worked and a girl that lived there that was an absolute psycho. Turned out they hadn't been paying their rent for months so the landlord refused to fix anything. I'm amazed he hadn't thrown anyone out.

Once lived in a beautiful building on Capel Street, but the landlord and management company didn't give a damn about the place.

They never fixed the broken kitchen tap in 3 years. Bulbs melted into the light fixtures - you couldn't even get them out with a pair of pliers. Deaf lunatic downstairs started hanging around with the wrong crowd and was almost murdered one night. The furniture was made of matchsticks. A gang of about 10 Chinese people moved in directly above us and seemed to spend all day chucking lead weights onto the floor. Had to threaten the management company with legal action to get our deposit back when we moved out (we gave them plenty of notice).

Having said that, it was a huge place and the location/rent were pretty great.

Lived in a place on North Circular Road that was really more of a mouse colony than a flat. Fold out bed. Tiny bathroom that you could literally not swing a cat in. Had to share washer dryer with scumbags. Woman next door smoked about 50 a day - despite having no windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back