Flann O'Brien Memorial Thread (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 0
When things go wrong
And will not come right
Though you do the best you can.
When you're down on the floor
And can do no more,
Then Flann O'Brien is your only man.

There was nothing unusual in the appearance of Mr John Furriskey but actually he has one distinction that is rarely encountered - he was born at the age of twenty-five and entered the world with a memory but without personal experience to account for it. His teeth were well formed but stained by tabacco, with two molars filled and a cavity threatened in the left canine. His knowledge of physics was moderate and extended to Boyle's Law and the Parallelogram of Forces.

At the end of that hour, Martin O' Bannassa opened the door and we all went in except my mother who was still weak and feeble on the damp rushes. Ambrose was stretched, cold and dead, on the hearth-stone. He had died of his own stench and a black cloud of smoke almost smothered us. The Old-Fellow was very sad but gave heartfelt thanks to Martin and ceased puffing his pipe for the first time in three months. Ambrose was buried in an honourable and becoming manner and we were all once more very well in that house. My mother recovered fast from her ill-health and was once more energetic, boiling large pots of potatoes for the other pigs.

Moose Malone was a wide man, but no wider than a beer truck, oh wait, wrong author...

" The other day I had a word to say about the necessity for the professional book-handler, a person who will maul the books of illiterate, but wealthy, upstarts so that the books will look as if they have been read and re-read by their owners."

Weird - I was tidying up in me Da's earlier and found the best of Myles na gCopaleen.

spooky1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back