First impressions! You're doing it wrong!! (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

First few days of college...

I may learn to think before I speak...

My favorite of today "sher I've seen ya on myspace"....

Are they really that important.......

most times someone i don't know has mentioned they know me through the internet i've gone a bit silent and slowly moved away.
something about that weirds me out.

I didnt mean to say it, he was saying "oh I know them from myspace"..

and... I just replied.....

Fuck it like,

the smokers are on mys side and thats all that matters.

Ive decieded in a can ridden mist of thinking about things "who cares, I'm already in with the smokers"

Theres three girls in my class, ones a D4 head who will wouldnt acknowledge me and another girl who I introduced myself to and she just looked at me. I suppose I'll get used to the sausage fest that i've joined.

everyone I met and vaguely hung out with in the first 2 weeks or so of college I pretty much dumped when I found people I actually liked.

so no.

While it helps to be on speaking terms with your classmates odds are you will probably end up making friends with people in different courses as you settle in. It's natural.

I started college a week late after coming back from visiting friends in The Netherlands. I was speaking broken English with a Dutch accent for the first week and my classmates refused to believe I was Irish. That was a pretty weird first impression to make :rolleyes:

You'll be grand.

i made the mistake of assuming everyone was nice and hanging around with eejits for ages

but what if it turns out that they're the ones that are cool and Roisin isn't??

I met this bloke from my class in the first week of college. He seemed a bit simple or something. He told me he was going to make as many new friends as he could as there was a better chance that not everyone would hate him come the end of college. He was right, it only took them 2 weeks. Me, I thought he was a sound lad, if a bit simple.

I made no lasting friends with the people I was in collage with, but made lasting friends during my collage days

Figure that one out

Tell everyone that you post on thumped and your musical taste is far superior than any of theirs. Welcome to friend country.

do emo-kids were Zero t-shirts?

It's not a teenage rock phase without one of those

i never went to college.

There was never much scope for making friends on hatch 14 of a Wednesday.

everyone I met and vaguely hung out with in the first 2 weeks or so of college I pretty much dumped when I found people I actually liked.
Snap
I did stay friends with someone I met on the first day, but it took me a fair while to find people I really liked (apart from that one girl) and settle in. I was pretty damn lonely for the first 6 weeks or so, after that first year was amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back