First ever gig (1 Viewer)

This was mine.

1990-09-23_b.jpg

The Cult in the point sometime around 1990. Witnessed my first live sex show on the way back down the quays, followed by a particularly vicious 'cat fight' further on, capped off by a bouncer thumping the face off some fella outside abracadabra on westmoreland st. Ah the memories.
Remember the first local act I stumbled on was Engine Alley in trinity, think I was wearing the school uniform, so pre'90, but it painted a disturbingly poor picture of the 'local scene' in my brain at the time, more distressing even than a night out at the point followed what I took to be 'normal adult behaviour'.

.|..|
Weatus, SFX, 1998? What a lame first gig. I did kiss a girl at it though!

I got dragged along to that. My girlfriend at the time was bringing her little brother for his first gig and I got dragged along. It wasn't the worst gig I was ever at. It was way later than 1998 though. More like 2002.

.|..|

I got dragged along to that. My girlfriend at the time was bringing her little brother for his first gig and I got dragged along. It wasn't the worst gig I was ever at. It was way later than 1998 though. More like 2002.

teenage dirtbag/weatus were 2001 until 9/11 came along...
high times.

My sister brought myself and my brother to see Gary Glitter and The Glitter Band at the Adelphi Theatre sometime in 1974 or 1975 - this used to be quite a cool fact until recent ahem, exposures....

In between that was a Lark in the Park with Auto Da Fe I think - St. Anne's, sometime in the early 80's.

My first gig attending on my own was The Smiths at the SFX, November 12 1984. Monday night, first night of 2 dates. Morrissey had a cold. The crowd were reeling back and forth hard like they tended to do at shows back then and I lost one of my runners for a while - scary experience.

Saw REM then at the same venue 4th December (still have the ticket for this, autographed by the band.) Brilliant show but bucketed rain on the way home and got super-saturated.

My sister brought myself and my brother to see Gary Glitter and The Glitter Band at the Adelphi Theatre sometime in 1974 or 1975 - this used to be quite a cool fact until recent ahem, exposures....

In between that was a Lark in the Park with Auto Da Fe I think - St. Anne's, sometime in the early 80's.

My first gig attending on my own was The Smiths at the SFX, November 12 1984. Monday night, first night of 2 dates. Morrissey had a cold. The crowd were reeling back and forth hard like they tended to do at shows back then and I lost one of my runners for a while - scary experience.

Saw REM then at the same venue 4th December (still have the ticket for this, autographed by the band.) Brilliant show but bucketed rain on the way home and got super-saturated.

24 years to the day !
Who knows where the time goes?:mad:

my old man used to bring me to loads of them. They were always pretty great. I remember at least a couple in St.Annes Park and another 1 or 2 out in Blackrock (which is where I thought Auto da Fe played? maybe they did more than one).

They need to bring back Larks in the Parks. Might be tough to make a scrote-free event, but they were deadly and need to be brought back.

Someone needs to talk to Dave Fanning about this.

According to the "NIK KERSHAW OFFICIAL FAN CLUB NEWSLETTER NUMBER 1" reproduced here - it was 1984. I think you're getting old, old.

Doh. That must mean the January gig was '85 so.
There are photos here. Isn't the internet great?

Did you listen to Tom Hayes?

Ah Tom Hayes on Capitol/Nitesky. Classic.
I used to have loads of tapes off that.
Killerwatt weren't the best. I didn't buy the EP, but saw em a couple of times. Didn't they support ST in McGonagles?

Doh. That must mean the January gig was '85 so.
There are photos here. Isn't the internet great?

haha! deadly.

They look like they're enjoying themselves.

I wasn't at the gig but I did buy the Human Racing LP in 1984. Still have it.
Dancing Girls is a cool song. And The Riddle has a wonderful trad/folk vibe.

Are you sure it wasn't 1973? September 19th 1973 to be precise? 'Cause I know for a fact he played in Dublin the night I was born.

Ash / 60 foot dolls / china drum .... (kenickie cancelled)

the point

1996 i think ..... around xmas.

christ, i think i'd rather tell people that my 1st gig was Bosco in my local community centre in 1987!!!

that was waaaaaaaay more fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back