First ever gig (2 Viewers)

U2 in the Point, 31/12/1989.

I thought my ears were going to ring forever.

Now that i think of it, my first gig would have been the pale, mary black and a house at the lark by the lee in probably... 89? 90? I remember, after that, crowd surfing whenever there was a scrap at school. They were deadly but you'd get way too many scobes these days to pull them off again - even the beat on the street a few years later, out of about ten of us i was the only one who didn't at least get a puc in the head.

.|..|

I got dragged along to that. My girlfriend at the time was bringing her little brother for his first gig and I got dragged along. It wasn't the worst gig I was ever at. It was way later than 1998 though. More like 2002.

2002? No way that would have made me 17 at the time :eek: I swear I was younger. I remember the summer of 2002's gig, Roy Keane got sent home from Saipan the day of a Jimmy Eat World gig in the Ambassador.

Memories.

First gig (without my parents) was Dina Carroll in 1993/4 in the Point. I'd never heard of her before and it wasnt really my kinda music but she had a pretty voice and i got shinny new shoes for it, so I loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back