Final Fantasy - full line-up for Vicar St (1 Viewer)

Foggy

Foggy Notions presents

FINAL FANTASY
Miracle Fortress
A Hawk and a Hacksaw

Vicar Street, Dublin
Tuesday December 11th
Doors 7.30pm

Tickets still available from WAV [lo-call 1890 200 078], City Discs, Ticketmaster & Road Records.

With quite possibly the line-up of the year, Foggy Notions presents the return of Owen Pallett and his extraordinary live show, one which has already devastated audiences in Whelan’s in Dublin, the Roisin Dubh in Galway, the Spiegeltent in Belfast and this year’s Electric Picnic. To celebrate his biggest show yet in Ireland, we have invited two very special guests, Montreal’s Miracle Fortress and New Mexico’s Balkan-styled instrumentalists A Hawk and A Hacksaw.

Final Fantasy aka Owen Pallett (Toronto)
Winner of the inaugural Polaris Music Prize for his second album He Poos Clouds, Owen Pallett has also been arrangement collaborator to Arcade Fire, Beirut, and Hidden Cameras, and a former member of Picastro and Les Mouches. He is an outstanding musician who generates cascading layers of violin through clever sampling methods and writes emotive poetic pop songs with piano, harpsichord and strings.

Miracle Fortress
Led by Graham Van Pelt, a Montreal-based multi-instrumentalist and vocalist who’s equally at home constructing wall of sound pop in the tradition of Brian Wilson as he is laying down grimey Tupac remixes. Debut album Five Roses released early 2007 received rave reviews - “Gorgeous from start to finish 5/5” - The Guardian.

A Hawk and a Hacksaw
A Hawk and a Hacksaw from Albuquerque, New Mexico is multi-instrumentalist Jeremy Barnes (former drummer with Neutral Milk Hotel) and violinist Heather Trost. Their music is inspired by eastern European and particularly Balkan traditions. They have released four albums including 2007’s And The Hun Hanger Ensemble and have collaborated with Beirut.

I'm unable to listen to this undoubtedly talented band/thing because of that album name. He Poos Clouds. For fuck sake.

Wow!
Brilliant line-up.

Any chance of sticking High On Fire on there too?! ;)

Boo. I was looking forward to the AHAAH headline show. I don't think I could enjoy another Final Fantasy show so soon. Sacrilege, I don't care!

You can't please 'em all!

i'll probably still go

Any chance these bands would mind playing in front of the backdrop of Liverpool vs Marseille... at least until were a couple of goals up!?

Downloaded a savage concert video off a torrent. This will be the bollox of a dog.

approximately

Miracle Fortress 8.15
Final Fantasy 9.15

we've been told A Hawk and a Hacksaw are now not performing

of course, you can get a refund at the point of purchase.

Aiken Promotions have told us that A Hawk and a Hacksaw are not playing. That's all we know right now.

excuse me?

Edit: Seriously like. I mean I'll still go. But I've a second ticket for a mate who won't go if AHAAH aren't going. Can I get a refund on that?

Is it definite they're not playing?

of course, you can get a refund at the point of purchase.

Aiken Promotions have told us that A Hawk and a Hacksaw are not playing. That's all we know right now.

ok cool. I bought one off ticketmaster and the other from Road.

I'll try and flog it at the venue tonight, but if not I'll go get the refund in Road (might be easier than ticketmaster I think).

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back