Films where remakes are better than the originals (2 Viewers)

Janer

Website
www.youtube.com

While the original with Vincent Price was good the Cronenberg remake was excellent and while I cannot stand Jeff Goldblum as an actor he was perfect for this role.
The Fly II while not as good was pretty gruesome and decent enough.

Re: Films were remakes are better than the originals

Fun with Dick and Jane.

shut up, you probably never even watched the remake. You're wrong.

The thing isn't really a remake - they are both adaptaions of the same source - the story 'who goes there?'. Carpenter's film is actually closed to the original story concept (the shape shifting type alien).

The same could prolly be said about The Maltese Falcon but there was an earlier version made some 10 years before the Bogart classic.

The first remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (the version with DOnald Sunderland) is in my opion better than the 50's Original.

While the original with Vincent Price was good the Cronenberg remake was excellent and while I cannot stand Jeff Goldblum as an actor he was perfect for this role.

God no.

The Thing

God no.

The same could prolly be said about The Maltese Falcon but there was an earlier version made some 10 years before the Bogart classic.

Having not seen the original, I can't comment. But yeah, the Bogart one was class.

Double Jeopardy.

God no.

Ah, seriously though, I jest. They're all classics in their own way. Except for the remade Double Jeopardy(!). They're a poor choice to compare. I always think it's like the first version of the song is usually the preferred one. So, in the above cases, I saw the originals first and thought they were deadly. And loved most of the others.

The original Bodysnatchers was on the other day. It's incredible. Much better than I remembered. The Kaufman one had a few good bits in it, but not the same level of paranoia. What was the name of Abel Ferrara one? That was pure drivel.

EDIT: Body Snatchers. How original.

Dawn of the Dead

DAWN%20of%20the%20DEAD.jpg

Re: Films were remakes are better than the originals

The Thing
i disagree, i prefer the original.

invasion of the body snatchers with donald sutherland...
maybe...
i tell you what was good, dawn of the dead remake. but it's a different movie really.

note to self, read thread.

Psycho - don't think Van Sant's is better.

Oh, Christ. Van Sant's version is such an abomination. And with such amazing talent in it. That's just something that should never have been touched.

But, I suppose it wasn't actually a "remake" in the classic sense of the word. More of an experiment. And one that, thankfully, they haven't tried again.

Oh, Christ. Van Sant's version is such an abomination. And with such amazing talent in it. That's just something that should never have been touched.

But, I suppose it wasn't actually a "remake" in the classic sense of the word. More of an experiment. And one that, thankfully, they haven't tried again.
isn't gus van sant just a load of bollocks? generally?

Nah Double Jeopardy is actually one of the most retarded films I've ever seen. Must be about 100 plot holes and Im not exaggerating.

Anyway I heard the original Double Indemnity is very good. Think its from the 50s.

The remake of The Manchurian Candidate is better than the original. Controversial!
For my money Meryl Streep is more convincingly sinister than Angela Lansbury.

LOL@The Wicker Man.

It was better in the 'Karate vs Wicca' department and that was about it..

Anyone see the remake of Night of the Hunter?

The remake of The Manchurian Candidate is better than the original. Controversial!
For my money Meryl Streep is more convincingly sinister than Angela Lansbury.

Very controversial.

Jasus. The new one is alright, but no way is it a patch on the original. Angela Lansbury is much creepier than Streep (a phrase I never thought I'd say). Streep looked as if she was playing by rote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back