Film Festival. (1 Viewer)

Dixer

Anybody been in to this?
Any reports?
Specifically, anybody see 'Best of Youth' yesterday?

Heard Best Of Youth was excellent.

Went to see Wonderland and The Cooler meself, both very good.

Then had the misfortune of sitting through the worst film (since Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing). Distant. Pure shite.

Best of Youth is the most underwhelming 383 minute film I have ever seen.

eddie izzard showed up after his film to answer questions
i talked to him for a few seconds and he signed my hmv bag
very nice man
didn't really like the film that much though

Any further reports?
Anybody see The Dreamers or Fog of War?
Who's with me when we go to Twilight Samurai? WHO'S WITH ME?
(TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!)

Saw 21 Grams.

If yis like yissir Amores Perros, then yis'll like 21 Grams. By the same writer and director. Sean Penn is deadly in it, and Naomi Watts gets her baps out, if that floats your boat at all.

Saw Fog Of War.

They really shoulda went to town on the fucker, its just a confessional for McNamarra, and he's not even that sorry. Still, if its all right for Michael Moore to talk shite for 2 hours, who's to say its not all right for Bobbie boy? Worth watching to get an insight into the mind of a key player in Vietnam.

therecklessone said:
Saw 21 Grams.

If yis like yissir Amores Perros, then yis'll like 21 Grams. By the same writer and director. Sean Penn is deadly in it, and Naomi Watts gets her baps out, if that floats your boat at all.

Saw Fog Of War.

They really shoulda went to town on the fucker, its just a confessional for McNamarra, and he's not even that sorry. Still, if its all right for Michael Moore to talk shite for 2 hours, who's to say its not all right for Bobbie boy? Worth watching to get an insight into the mind of a key player in Vietnam.

Kinda got the impression that 21 grams was gonna be a re-thread of Amores Perros of which I was not a huge fan.

Re: Fog of War, I didn't come out of it thinking, "What a Wanker" about MacNamara, I kinda felt like he was not so much an evil man as much as just a man acting in a given circumstance, if you follow me. Pretty good moment when he's talking about incendiary bombs in Tokyo and admits that if the US had lost the war, he woulda been tried as a war criminal. Pretty good but at the same time, that lingering slow motion silent close up is fairly contrived to push the audience 'solemn' button.

therecklessone said:
Saw 21 Grams.

Saw Fog Of War.

BTW, you weren't the dude eating popcorn about 2 rows from the back on the right as you enter were you? If so, I wanted you dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back