FIFA World Rankings (1 Viewer)

Yeah they are pointless alright, but if Ireland were above England like we used to be then they would be the most accurate and meaningful measurements of international footballing standards in the world.

"i agree with corm on both counts. we've only actually qualified for 3 WCs, not 4.

P. - it's very simple. Taking into account your Icelands and your Lithuania, look at the qualifiers for Central America

US
Mexico
Costa Rica
Trinidad and Tobago
Guatemala
Panama

How many went through? That's right, the top 4. Even Ireland would come second every time in that lot if they took Mexico's place, where the play off for fourth (yes fourth) place is against fuckin Bahrain.

For the record, Mexico lost to Trinidad and Tobago in the qualifiers. We drew with iceland but never lost, that's for sure, and Trinidad are WAY WAY worse than that."

thats what im talking about
nothing against mehico and the yanks
the yanks keep gettin to the last 16 and quaters of the world cup
its no fix , they are fairly good , no way fourth
those rankings are a bad joke anyway beep beep beep

That six team group is stage 3 in their qualifiers (see http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/zone/nccgroups.html). Here are all the countries involved at the start:

map_l_concacaf.jpg

I would be very surprised if USA got throught to the second round this time as they have Italy and Czech Republic to play and even Ghana might cause them problems.
Mexico have Portugal, Angola and Iran. I would love to see them go far as there always entertaining but the US are boring and they win enough in other sports so I hope they get knocked out quickly.
The problem with Mexico is they miss too many chances... I saw the group game against the US in Mexico City... 5-0 would have been a fair result but they just managed a 2-1 victory.

i know that snap-apple. i didn't mention it cos its irrelevant. cherry orchard would beat that lot.

chinner, that spiel was directed at Littbarski

i like the way we can't even slag other teams about playing shit international opposition any more... oh no wait, I don't like it. It fucking sucks. Sack the board (unless we somehow beat Wales and Slovakia at home)

i like the way we can't even slag other teams about playing shit international opposition any more... oh no wait, I don't like it. It fucking sucks. Sack the board (unless we somehow beat Wales and Slovakia at home)
the last thing we want is to beat wales and slovakia. please. hammer us. sack the baord.

Sack the board (unless we somehow beat Wales and Slovakia at home)

not good enough - they should have been sacked already. the very idea that they shouldn't be sacked if we beat Wales and Slovakia at home is nauseating. I mean, has to come to that that we would take solace in beating Wales at home?

yeah, but to be fair every game is a big one in the CEMAC cup. trying to build on the great 3-2 victory over the Central African Republic last week...

if anyone wants an international cap, im sure i could throw out a few passports to ye ;)
ever fancy that as a kid? heading over to st kitts or somewhere liek that in the hope that you might get a game.

my world cup dream ain't yet over.

well lads i imagine we could get a game with montserratt they lost most of their population in the volcanic eruption. lets all move there for a year and start qualifying for the world cup or copa america!!

p.s i have a friend from nevis (of the famous duo st kitts & nevis) he could probably sort us out with some international football too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back