Fifa versus PES (1 Viewer)

theinvisiblerep

Hello.

Im out of action for the next few weeks so am investing in one of those new fangled next generation consoles. Used to be well into my video games but the relationship has waned in recent years. The only game I seem to play anymore if Pro Evo when I'm hanging out with a few of the lads.

Anyhow, Im gonna get the new GTA and 1 soccer game with the xbox 360. I've always been a PES man but I've played PES 2008 on the xbox 360 and ps3 and they've been bloody dire. A lot of places say that the new PES is better but it would want to have improved a whole lot to win back my love (still have it on ps2 anyhow). I've also read that FIFA are after getting the fingers out recently so basically, I just want someone to make the hard decision for me. CAN YOUUUU?

I'd say give fifa a whirl. I was an avowed PES man, and still think it's great, but it hasn't gone anywhere since the ps2 version. If you don't like it you can always bring it back.

Still the best:

amstrad_goal(thumb).png

I remember Kick Off 2 was the first football game to boast 'banana shots' ie curling the ball.

I got it for christmas one year and was severely let down. Rubbish. Back to Emlyn Hughes i went.

KickOff2%20art.jpg

Only two stubborn old PES fans left now. And they're punks so they're not likely to embrace change anyways.

ha

Played FIFA at my mates house last night.
It was pretty good, but not as good as Pro Evo. There's not a vast amount of difference in them, but for me Pro Evo has an intricacy and smoothness that is totally lacking in FIFA.
I also found FIFA far too easy, all you need to do to score is play a few 1-2s and through balls and you'll soon be one on one with the keeper, where you finish every chance. I beat my mate 5-0 in one match and probably could have scored 8.
Thing is, when we play Pro Evo against each other, we usually have pretty close matches that could go either way. I'd never played FIFA before last night, my friend has had it over 2 months, and I won every game against him. He only actually scored 1 goal past me. Including that 5-0 hammering where I was Sunderland against Newcastle and Cisse scored all 5 goals. Also beat him using Stoke against Arsenal.
The games a bit of a joke really, far far too easy. My mates not a bad player, as I say on Pro Evo we are fairly evenly matched. It's just that FIFA is so predictable that you can practically walk the ball into the net.
There's a certain jerkiness to the players which Pro Evo has for the most part got rid of. Long range efforts and free kicks are a joke, you may as well not even bother. You'll never score a long range screamer that will have you jumping out of your seat in triumph.
The game is slow, it's so easy to plan your moves because you have so much time to do so, the through passes are far too easy to make. You don't really feel like you have full control over your players a lot of the time, there doesn't seem to be a way to make them stop doing something retarded like using the Super Cancel thing in Pro Evo.
In comparison Pro Evo is fast, fluid, you can actually beat players 1 on 1, shoot from outside the box, and there is a depth to the moves and possible outcomes of moves that is completely lacking in FIFA.
For me Pro Evo is the better game. It's by no means perfect, and FIFA is closer to it than it has been in the past, but it's still the better game. There are a couple of things that are better in FIFA, I think player movement off the ball is better worked especially from the front men, but there are LOADS of things better in Pro Evo, which makes it far more enjoyable for me.
The main thing is that Pro Evo is challenging for me, FIFA is not.

I LOVE beating pricks who play as Man United, especially the ones who do nothing but try and run at you with Ronaldo.

keeganrant_450x300.jpg

Played FIFA at my mates house last night.
It was pretty good, but not as good as Pro Evo.

:eek:

There's not a vast amount of difference in them, but for me Pro Evo has an intricacy and smoothness that is totally lacking in FIFA.

PES is basically a HD PS2 game, with AI and gameplay from that era too.

I also found FIFA far too easy, all you need to do to score is play a few 1-2s and through balls and you'll soon be one on one with the keeper, where you finish every chance. I beat my mate 5-0 in one match and probably could have scored 8.

Your mate is fucking rubbish at Fifa then.

I'd never played FIFA before last night, my friend has had it over 2 months, and I won every game against him. He only actually scored 1 goal past me. Including that 5-0 hammering where I was Sunderland against Newcastle and Cisse scored all 5 goals. Also beat him using Stoke against Arsenal.

See..?

There's a certain jerkiness to the players which Pro Evo has for the most part got rid of. Long range efforts and free kicks are a joke, you may as well not even bother. You'll never score a long range screamer that will have you jumping out of your seat in triumph.

What...? WHAT???

...there doesn't seem to be a way to make them stop doing something retarded like using the Super Cancel thing in Pro Evo.

Yes, there is - just ask your mate. No, wait...

Oh Jesus. Pro Evolusion 2009 is the worst game in the series, while Fifa 09 is arguably the greatest football game ever and certainly the best "next gen" footy game out there.

:eek:

To be honest I didn't even read corms post, I knew it would be full of sensationalist nonsense, like his 'fifa always gets better review scores' shite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back