Fiddle Lessons (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
Im half considering taking some fiddle lessons, i bought a fiddle a few years ago and i took it down out of the attic today so im off to a good start. anyone got any good suggestions on who or where i should go to in dublin? doesnt have to be too fancy and the cost should be appropriate for the times we live in. at the moment im most interested in learning basic stuff like how to hold it properly and that kinda thing.

hey, i've done violin lessons for adults in the evenings/weekends. basic stuff like good posture, scales, holding the bow etc. I have good recs for beginners workbooks too, if you're interested in continuing.
it would be the classical technique, not trad (just making sure bcs you used the word 'fiddle').

throw me a PM if you're into it, 15 euro per 30 mins (trust me, i wouldn't make a session longer than that for a beginner, your arm would be killing you)

thanks for that, binky is on the case for the moment though. i had been under the impression that if you could play the instrument at all then you could play whatever style of music you liked - am i wrong?

thanks for that, binky is on the case for the moment though. i had been under the impression that if you could play the instrument at all then you could play whatever style of music you liked - am i wrong?

Get some chops together and you can play something that sounds like anything you like but 'doing' trad is a total commitment thing I think.. As a dyed-in-the-wool dilettante I take my hat off to those who devote themselves to anything.

I have no idea at all what i hope to achieve from these lessons. The chances of me sticking with it are fairly slim anyway so it doesnt really matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back