Festival of World Food 2008 @ Marlay Park, 4th and 5th of October (1 Viewer)

Wheels

Website
www.delicious9.com
Venue: Marlay Park, Rathfarnham
Dates: 4th & 5th October
Time: 10.00 - 18.00
Admission: FREE

Baba Ganoush
from Lebanon, sushi from Japan, bratwurst from Germany, hot vindaloo from India, oodles of noodles from Japan, Spanish tapas, French haute cuisine, fresh Italian pastas, tex mex, creole, pig roast and an authentic Yurt dwelling…. That's just a small sample of what's on offer at this year's mouthwatering Festival of World Foods in Marlay Park this on 4th & 5th October.

Last year's festival was a smash hit, with thousands of people pouring in to enjoy foods, flavours, cookery demonstrations and workshops from around the globe - and this year organisers promise an even bigger and better gastronomic delight!
Foodies can check out stalls from Palestine, Lebanon, Algeria, Germany, Italy, France, Brazil, Mexico, USA, Japan, China, Thailand, Greece, Spain, Sri Lanka and India as well as the finest home-produced goodies, with a huge selection of Irish bakery goods, farm house cheeses, condiments, butchers, gluten free products, organic fruit and vegetables, beverages and hot-food on offer!

There's also some entertaining highlights to look forward to, including a pig roast, culminating in a hoe down, with fresh corn on the cob, baked potatoes, salads, and some brilliant Bluegrass, old-time, gospel and Cajun tunes courtesy of the fantastically fun Prison Love, a sensational 7 piece string band who come complete with prison uniforms and a washboard!

And don't miss the authentic 'Yurt' dwelling in the Back to Basics area, where people can enjoy home made ice-cream, smoothies and raw foods. Guest Head Chef, Traweekak Trakoolwattana - who previously cooked for the King and Queen of Thailand and now works at the award-winning Thai and Vietnamese restaurant Saba - will showcase his unique ingredients and cooking style with some fantastic cookery workshops!

There'll also be FREE sushi and sausages making workshops, world food cookery demonstrations from Trinidad to Thailand - and even an origami workshop stall and a fantastic 'decorate your own cupcake' stall for the kids. And be sure to stop by the educational stalls, too, where you can learn more about environmentally-friendly concepts such as composting, and chat to the on-site nutritionist - who'll answer questions AND host lectures on such important issues as how to interpret food labels.

The National Children's Hospital will host a stall where children can play a game and win a prize, with all proceeds going to the hospital - and of course the DLR entertainers and face painters will be around, adding their trademark touch of folly to the festival
With so much to choose from, there really is something for every palate - even those still a bit cautious of curries or terrified of teriyaki! So head along and take a tasty trip to a world of delicious delights for all the family!

The sushi and sausage making workshops speak loudly to me.

i'm in dublin this weekend - a feast of corn on the cob and a hoe down will bring back memories of the old sod, like it used to be.

Cool. Can we head up early and see if there's mushie fields left up past Adam Clayton's gaff?

don't the food festival is just a stop off.

"hey, why are there grass stains on your trousers?"
"i was picking mushrooms, sir"

The sushi and sausage making workshops speak loudly to me.

hmmm... sausage making when other people are doing it is comedy gold but its probably up there with gutting fish as something that loses its 'hands on approach' appeal very quickly. Sushi making - roll a bit of filling in rice and seaweed like a chocolate log. sausage making - firing highspeed flow of pulped meat and fat into a frail prophalactic skin.

That said this instructional video is worth watching (for the choice of backing music alone :) )

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Being a big fan of food, I'd love to go to this festival. Unfortunately already have planned to go to Ballinasloe Horse Fair - so much choice! :)

Yeah, load of rubbish. It was just like being at the food area of a music festival without the music. And of course, queues a mile long at the usual suspects, the crepe and the hot dog stands. The good old adventurous Irish and their discerning tastes.

And so many small, fluffy, expensive looking dogs all yapping and trying to tear each other's throats out. Yuck.

this is all true. I could only stand it for about half an hour with the crowds, legged it up to Johnny Fox's for a drink in the sunshine instead. Having said that, I've just enjoyed some delicious olives bought there as part of my lunch.

It seemed to be wall to wall crepe stalls and fuck all else. The queues were a fucking joke. We ate outrageously overpriced pies just because there was no queue at that stall. Couldn't get a cup of coffee to go with the cakes we bought and had to bring them home to eat.

There was much better variety at the world cultures festival.

this is all true. I could only stand it for about half an hour with the crowds, legged it up to Johnny Fox's for a drink in the sunshine instead. Having said that, I've just enjoyed some delicious olives bought there as part of my lunch.

jaysus. i'm glad i didn't get out of bed until two so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back