Fennesz and Mike Patton Live (1 Viewer)

Amazing gig.possibly the best so far in Dublin this year.really worked together without diluting each others styles

Would've liked to go alright. How's Mike looking these days? Still got the undercut?

:D first off, nice avatar!

Would've liked to go alright. How's Mike looking these days? Still got the undercut?

he looks very gangster-ish.slicked back hair, bit of tash/shmig.a good look for him.i'd say quite a few Patton fans were disappointed though.not with the look i mean

I was at this, got a ticket off my mate. I enjoy much of Fennesz' work but this was utter utter bollocks...Seriously, aimless white noise while Mike Patton screeched and fiddled with a Kaos pad randomly. Creative freedom my hole...piss take more like.

I was at this, got a ticket off my mate. I enjoy much of Fennesz' work but this was utter utter bollocks...Seriously, aimless white noise while Mike Patton screeched and fiddled with a Kaos pad randomly. Creative freedom my hole...piss take more like.

towards the end it was decent enough, but at the start it was hard listening in the condition i/we were in.

agreed. talk about 'the great rock n roll swindle'..
won't go to the village again either. they treat people like wild boar

it wasn't white noise, it was very melodic i thought.if you like fennesz i can't understand how you'd think this was utter bollocks.in fact, they did at least one fennesz tune (off venice) and parts of others.for me what was so good was how much Patton added to the bare bones tracks and how he controlled the temperament of each piece and fennesz fed off what he was doing.a lot of it was improvised so it didn't all come off.but the unpredictability was great and for the most part i thought it was amazing.

Dunno if I heard anything off Venice in the set. There was a moment that it sounded similar to something off Venice and then Mike Patton started screeching and scratching his kaos pad again....

Dunno if I heard anything off Venice in the set. There was a moment that it sounded similar to something off Venice and then Mike Patton started screeching and scratching his kaos pad again....

:) yea he definately used a bit of Transit and i thought Patton might actually do the normal Sylvain vocal line for that but no.there was another sounded very like Circassion. Most of the music was very Fennesz-esque though, no? So for me it was like a Fennesz gig (he improvises a lot anyway I am told) except better.particularly when Patton found his stride later in the set. I also like the way they opened with one they clearly rehearsed.the next one or two after the opener where a bit aimless but they really got into it after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back