Fender American Precision (1 Viewer)

You lunatic! Why are you selling it?

Hey Brian,

You planning on buying your jazz here in Ireland? They seem really expensive. Saw new ones in Goodwins for 1300 the other day. I presume they are the american jobs and not the mexicans .....

So, what you planning on gettin'? Wouldn't mind one meself actually ...

hugh said:
Hey Brian,

You planning on buying your jazz here in Ireland? They seem really expensive. Saw new ones in Goodwins for 1300 the other day. I presume they are the american jobs and not the mexicans .....

So, what you planning on gettin'? Wouldn't mind one meself actually ...

No that guy in beat it in Blackrock usually matches any price on thommann etc if not cheaper in my experience so Im gonna head up there.To be honest I might go for a Mexican.I would take a secondhand American Jazz but i cant afford a new one.

A.Price obviously

B.To be honest,couldnt tell the difference in sound or playability between American and Mexican.I know there is a difference but I cant hear it so thats all that matters.

Thats the same reason I play an Gibson SG special guitar.I dont think it sounds any different to a studio.Plus it was cheaper because it doesnt have the bindings and pick up covers which only make a difference aesthetically.Well the binding might make it last longer but you get my point..........

I dont really think guitars get better with age either ye know..

brian.html said:
B.To be honest,couldnt tell the difference in sound or playability between American and Mexican.I know there is a difference but I cant hear it so thats all that matters.

Yeah I havent tried them out side by side but I know what you mean ...... why pay a lot more if you can't tell the difference?

I have just been looking at the prices on Thomann and roughly speaking

500ish for a Mexican
1000ish and up for a US

They also have what they called "Highway 1 US" jazz basses for around 695. Made in USA. Dunno what the deal with these things is .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back