FEMALE busking singer wanted! (1 Viewer)

viper959

Website
www.myspace.com
Looking for -FEMALE SINGER to complete band/ busking group (2 guitarists).
We are looking for a singer with a voice similar to Eddi Reader of Fairground Attraction, or; Belinda Carlisle, Niamh Kavanagh or Siouxsie Sioux (of Siouxsie & the banshees),maybe Dolores O’ Riordain (The Cranberries). (to be exact J)

We are two guitarists (with day jobs) in our early 20’s who busk mostly in Dublin city centre, also Galway and anywhere. We play original music with acoustic guitars, battery-powered amps and some effects pedals.

Our plan is to busk freely and enjoy it simply!- with the hope of forming a solid gigging band in the long run and recording original full band material. In other words we’d rather hone our craft busking and not pressure one another, just enjoy music.

We have songs written, some unwritten and alot of music ideas. We are looking for someone to collaborate with us, understand our direction with the music and listen to our ideas for possible melodies, talk openly (no moods) and create

We are two decent guitarists who have our own original style which isn’t pretentious or smarmy attempts at playing flamenco.

Our Style : Dreamy, introvert, alternative, echoy, slightly gothic- acoustic and soft rock, with easily legible lyrics, open tuned guitar.

Influences: The Cure, The Cranberries, Echo and the Bunnymen, March Violets, Oingo Boingo, 80’s music, ..The Banshees, Led Zeppelin, Fairground Attraction

We are looking for a singer (in or around the same age group) who can give up most Saturdays, isn’t tied to any commitments that’ll mess things around and can also practise at least once during the week if we need to. We are based in Celbridge, just outside Dublin.

Looking for:
Someone who’s independent, mature, easy going, someone with a bit of style, presence, someone who’s confident in their own singing, subtle/discreet and who isn’t afraid to busk!-dedicated

Not looking for: bunny boiler,someone who wants to unload deep problems or emotions, jazz singer, a boyfriend wanting to smash us up or any immature bullsh##t.

This is professional with the soul intent of making music and forming a cool friendship and if you’re not interested then that’s cool. ’Walk on by’ as the song says.

Chances are we’ll be busking in town most Saturday’s, if you want to talk face to face.

Ideally we’re looking for someone who has a demo online or can send by post, email.etc.

We all have day jobs but it’s not too much to ask to busk on a Saturday, doing something you love.
We are musicians with the intent of making it however ridiculous that sounds. Are you in or are you out.

Please read over this again before you decide to write back.

If you wanna hear our music just email me, but seeing us busk is probably best
A, ([email protected])

FEMALE busking singer wanted - Reply!! :)

OK - so that took approx. 5mins to read (twice) and here's what i can gather form ur info...

Your looking for the following;
Singer -
Gender - 100% Female
Aged - In her 20's
Type - Humble but Enthusiastic?

Our plan is to busk freely and enjoy it simply!- with the hope of forming a solid gigging band in the long run and recording original full band material. In other words we’d rather hone our craft busking and not pressure one another, just enjoy music.

We have songs written, some unwritten and alot of music ideas. We are looking for someone to collaborate with us, understand our direction with the music and listen to our ideas for possible melodies, talk openly (no moods) and create

We are two decent guitarists who have our own original style which isn’t pretentious or smarmy attempts at playing flamenco.

Our Style : Dreamy, introvert, alternative, echoy, slightly gothic- acoustic and soft rock, with easily legible lyrics, open tuned guitar.

Influences: The Cure, The Cranberries, Echo and the Bunnymen, March Violets, Oingo Boingo, 80’s music, ..The Banshees, Led Zeppelin, Fairground Attraction

We are looking for a singer (in or around the same age group) who can give up most Saturdays, isn’t tied to any commitments that’ll mess things around and can also practise at least once during the week if we need to. We are based in Celbridge, just outside Dublin.

Looking for:
Someone who’s independent, mature, easy going, someone with a bit of style, presence, someone who’s confident in their own singing, subtle/discreet and who isn’t afraid to busk!-dedicated

Not looking for: bunny boiler,someone who wants to unload deep problems or emotions, jazz singer, a boyfriend wanting to smash us up or any immature bullsh##t.

This is professional with the soul intent of making music and forming a cool friendship and if you’re not interested then that’s cool. ’Walk on by’ as the song says.

Chances are we’ll be busking in town most Saturday’s, if you want to talk face to face.

Ideally we’re looking for someone who has a demo online or can send by post, email.etc.

We all have day jobs but it’s not too much to ask to busk on a Saturday, doing something you love.
We are musicians with the intent of making it however ridiculous that sounds. Are you in or are you out.

Please read over this again before you decide to write back.

If you wanna hear our music just email me, but seeing us busk is probably best
A, ([email protected])

Apologies...

I must be retarded because i can't seem to figure out how to delete that reply up there... which as I'm sure realize was sent prematurely, and to be frank I'm sick of trying to delete it??? :(

FEMALE busking singer wanted - Reply!!

OK - so that took approx. 5mins to read (twice) and registration for my reply, so here's what i can gather from ur info...

Your looking for the following, which i have ans YES if it applies to me;
Singer - YES
Gender - 100% Female - YES
Age - In her 20's - YES
Type - Humble but Enthusiastic, No Bullhonkey and a lot Creativity, with a good ear for Music and great personal Understanding? - YES
Mood - None? Well we can't be all happy, all the time so this request is a tad over optimistic in my opinion - but hey a bit of optimism never hurt anyone either! - YES
Free Saturdays - YES - Accept for my best friends - Uncles - Cousins - Friend from Works Daughters Wedding?? (Well you never mentioned any requirements for a sense of humour... mines included in the response!)
Celbridge - I'm from Lucan so i know where it is... ;)
One question though - where do you guys rehearse?

In ans to your other questions...
Independent - Yes I live on my own in a 5 Bed Hs.
Mature – You don’t get much more mature than getting out on your own and fending for yourself at 16 years of age? However i do hope your own maturity levels are above and beyond and your speaking about real maturity and not "stick up the backside syndrome" as there is a common misconception between the two... :D
Easy Going - Most definitely – Life too much short to be petty? I love a good laugh indeed!
Style - Well Style is all I’ve got - and its all mine!
Presence - Believe me you'll know when i'm in a room! :D
My Confidence lies only in my singing (just don't ask me to busk in the nip and we'll be fine, do - then we'll have some serious confidence problems! ;)

Also...
I'm really not sure what a "bunny boiler" is exactly? i saw something strange in a film where some psycho boiled a bunny but surely that can’t be what your referring too?
I'll keep my "deep" emotion problems to myself, should i ever come across any?
What’s wrong with Jazz? You asked for no Jazz Singers, i mean personally i prefer Jazz with the Instruments alone?
I'm Single at the moment but should i begin a relationship i'll be sure to lookout for signs of liking to smash things that don't deserve smashing? ;)

Where in town do you busk... i'll c u Saturday!

Oh and Please read over this again before you decide to write back... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back