Favourite Sega Megadrive and Super Nintendo games (2 Viewers)

Robbie Analog said:
Never ever get involved in championship manager, its is more adictive than crack and smack.

This is true
Not playing the new one until after my exams
Also not playing Smackdown: Here Come The Pain until then

Don't.

I have a killer training program a mate sent me, I'll PM it to you later. With it QPR are sitting proudly on top of the premiership, in the semi finals of the Champions league, having won the second and first division championships, the FA cup (while in the 2nd div) and the UEFA cup (while in the 1st Div). That should give people a laugh, only in a computer game!

Ed said:
This is true
Not playing the new one until after my exams
Also not playing Smackdown: Here Come The Pain until then

I did something similar with west ham in the last version

cagefat.gif

check this shit out dudes!
the dawn of the dead game for the c64
found my c64 in my attic a few weeks ago, still works perfect
man this was the best game ever!!
clear the supermarket of zombies and store the bodies in a freezer in the basement!!

zombi1.gif

zombi2.gif

Just tried Actraiser(SNES), Zombies Ate My Neighbours (SNES), Altered Beast (MD) and Toejam & Earl (MD).

Actraiser seems to be a run-of-the-mill platformer with some strategy bits added on. Zombies has good graphics but is pure trash gameplay-wise. Altered Beast has a bit of intelligence to it - might play that again. Toejam & Earl is poxy - I can't see why people have praised it.

Sensible Soccer is excellent. Never had a chance to try any of the Kick Off games .. feel like I've missed out there.

Going to try Road Rash next!

altered beast is for homos! they wear togas. lame.
darrensy: i was wicked impressed by the DOTD game...the zombies looked so sick
zombies ate my neighbours was deadly but i was kinda shit at it

anyone remember the Friday the 13th game on c64/amstrad etc?

andrew

oh yeah - Final Fight - best shit ever. real good port onto the snes from the arcade. smokes that lame megadrive Streets of Rage shit out of the water....this is all getting a bit eirecore 5 weeks ago...

M.BISON said:
oh yeah - Final Fight - best shit ever. real good port onto the snes from the arcade. smokes that lame megadrive Streets of Rage shit out of the water....this is all getting a bit eirecore 5 weeks ago...

I only ever played final fight on the arcade, finished it once with my friend. This was after Testament ripped us off

flashback was amazing
never got past the final boss

still haven't beaten the final boss on metroid prime either. fucking amazing game.

the best games when i were young were:

variety of computers:
chuckie egg, action biker, sensible soccer, striker, blagger, super hang on, the way of the tiger, kokotini wulf, fighting soccer.

arcade: kungfu master was the only game our town had

master system:
rc pro racing, alex kidd.

megadrive:
rock and roll racing, california games, flashback, sonic and knuckles.

snes:
mariokart, marioworld, super tennis, mortal kombat (green blood!!), legend of zelda

over the past few years its been this lot:
n64: goldeneye, zelda, mario64, international superstar soccer deluxe.
ps1: wipeout, f1 97. hated all other games on this machine
ps2: pro evo 3 and thats it.
gamecube. mariosunshine, zelda, metroid, mariokart. this machine is the bestest ever.

the sims and vice city have been amazing too

M.BISON said:
altered beast is for homos! they wear togas. lame.
darrensy: i was wicked impressed by the DOTD game...the zombies looked so sick
zombies ate my neighbours was deadly but i was kinda shit at it

anyone remember the Friday the 13th game on c64/amstrad etc?

andrew

yeah its awesome!! totally forgot it ever existed until i was looking around the attic
found Darkman for the c64 too

the most awesome thing ever was a cheat for the game Creatures 2 on the C64. to work the cheat you had to lick your finger and rub the pins on the joystick port on the keyboard
no word of a lie!!!
when you did this a dude would appear on the screen and start waving his arms. you had to rub until thew background started to flash, then it was infinite lives all the way!!

Robbie Analog said:
Proper old school

i have both of these on spectrum emulator
fucking awesome!!!
ghostbusters i can play forever - i dont think it really had an end anyway
i love the digitized speech when you get slimed

'he slimed me!'
haha!
robocop - i always used to try shoot the guy in the dick. just like in the film!!

i remember discovering how to make my old computer make musical notes, and on the strength of that decided to 'port' the ghostbusters game on to it.
i got the title screen pretty well done, i kinda of guessed what the notes where and gave up when it came time to program the game engine and the only command i knew was put $sprite

ah, david crane, i was not

can't believe i forgot ghostbosters.
a classic.
bootin' up 42nd st in your new hearse goin' to zuul hooverin' up a few ghosties on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back