Favourite pop stars... (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

So who's everyone's favourite pop star?

i've always had a soft spot for Bros, but that may be because my girlf has a signed copy of When Will I Be Famous, which she won on Action Station Saturday as a child...

but to be fair, I wouldnt be the person I am today without Michael Jackson.. the money i earned from the molestation case has allowed me to live the rich life I enjoy today

i personally like liberty X. you know hat tune of theirs "just a little" was great. if all pop sounded that good then i might have a pop cd or two :D

actually Brendan Benson has been described by the irish times as being "breezy guitar pop" so therefore he has to be the best popstar thereis then.

And upon gazing at the Chilly Gonzales cd that is jusat udner my nose here (as it's recently listened to). it stated on the back of the box "file under> Pop/G/Gonzales" so therefor ehe's als a great pop act

Of recent chart stars, I am partial to that Girls Aloud 'Sound of the Underground' tune, as well as that T.A.t.U. (is that how they do it?) song that has a poppified version of classical drama that sticks with you all day. The too-posh-for-her-own-goodness of Sophie Ellis Bextor is also a guilty pleasure of mine.

And then, of course, there are the Go-Gos. I guess they might fall under this heading, but I don't know. I don't care. Don't call them pop stars. Or do. They are, rather, legends. BEsides, they started as a punk band, calling themselves the Misfits, and used to share a rehearsal space with X, which gives them cred, I suppose. If they needed it. Which they don't.

Not forgetting, of course, the bum-touching fun of the Cheeky Girls. Whoever engineered them managed to get absolutely everything wrong, even the 'irony'. Amazing. Truly an incredible accomplishment. They're also the fucking scariest-looking bird-like creatures, like some sort of mythological harpies that won't let you look away or you will turn into a pillar of artificial sweetener. I think there are more than two. I think there's actually a Cheeky Army of Transylvanian clones, sleeping upside down in a cave somewhere in the Carpathian Mountains.

Aaaaaiiiieeee....

Dido
Sugababes
Girls Aloud
Tatu
Misteeq
loads of those sort o ones.

oh and
East 17
Take That
Boyzone
cos I loved them when i was but a lad

Hands down: Pet Shop Boys embody all the genius of pop music and have done for the last 3 decades...

oh and Jane... Sophie Ellis Bextor is just doing a Neil Tennant impression anyway

hmmm i must say the pet shop boys are good contenders... but i think the worst pop act (ha, i just typed "poop act" by mistake...) surely are Boney M. that fucking rivers of babylon song melts my brain everytime i hear it

Alan Remorse said:
hmmm i must say the pet shop boys are good contenders... but i think the worst pop act (ha, i just typed "poop act" by mistake...) surely are Boney M. that fucking rivers of babylon song melts my brain everytime i hear it
Boney M, the worst? How quickly we forget about 'Six', the Irish 'Popstars'.

By the way, I left Justin Timberlake off my list by accident. How COULD I!?

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

I'd be more inclined towards favourite pop songs than popstars. Songs that rule are:

Sean Paul - Get Busy
Sean Paul & Blu Cantrell - Breathe
Beyonce & Jay-Z - Crazy in Love
Britney - Hit me Baby....
Sugababes - Freak Like Me
Liberty X - Just a Little Bit
Jamelia - Superstar

Just trying to think of what else I sing loudly and annoyingly when I'm pissed...there's loads :D

When I was little (but still probably taller than her) my favourite popstar was Kylie...I considered Bananarama to be pretty cool as well.

ah yeah sean pauls the man

and i hate justin so fucking much! he's a stupid nerd who thinks he's black, he stole all his moves from michael jackson and he sings for fucking macdonalds. and he dumped britney. tyuh.

rickback1.jpg

ah that turtles guy was nothing on Macaulie Kulkin's star turn on "Black Or White"... in fairness, it was very nice of Michael to let him rap on his song, but what do you know it turned out for the best... turns out Macaulie sounds just like a black guy from the ghetto. hurrah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back