Favourite Ever Scenes From A Movie (4 Viewers)

Goff

Since 1999
My current favourite scene from a movie:

That bit in The Battleship Potempkin where Andy Garcia slides across the bottom of the steps and throws the owl 'wan and gun and jams his feet into save the pram from falling over and then goes, "...got him."

Followed by: the very end of E.T., where the camera moves in close on Elliot's, tear-stained - yet happy, face while a load of Marimbas pound away. Classic Hollywood ending.

I love that bit in the Godfather where the opening credits start & I watch the whole movie.

That bit where the credits roll on on Secret Window and I never have to watch it again

oh and of course

robocopEd209.jpg

Gangs of New York is a guilty pleasure of mine I spose.

I'm mad about the first 15 minutes or so. The music's amazing, the knives, Neeson's S&M priest outfit, the snow you don’t know if it’s set in ancient times or in some Mad Max style post-apocalyptic place. Daniel Day-Lewis’: “Today we settle for good and all, who holds sway over these Five Points. Us Natives, born right-wise in this fair land, or the foreign hordes who defile it!”

And that Robocop bit, yeah

Eli Wallach as Tuco running through the graveyard towards the end of The Good the Bad and the Ugly with the blurry camera following/trying to keep up with him and a deadly soundtrack

+ millions more

the end of buffalo 66 in the strip bar

the end of the deerhunter

and there's a scene in year of the dragon where these guys are trying to kill Mickey Rourke and his brother in law comes running down the street in his dressing-gown with a shotgun to help him

the bit in the elephant man where he finishes his model of the cathedral

I love that bit in Before Sunset where Julie Delpy freaks out in the back of the taxi. All of a sudden you're past all the chit-chat and into the heart of things

Also the bit in Amelie where the young Amelie listens to the imaginary monster's pulse and shakes her head ... or the bit where the fella finds the box of childhood things ... or the bit when you see the posters she puts up where she's wearing the mask. Ah what a lively film!

edit: Lovely film I mean. Lively too though

Raging Bull - Where Deniro fucks up the pretty boxers face.

Ilsa She-Wolf - Opening scene where she come back in Uniform.

Clerks - Randel's Return of the Jedi revelation.

TCM - Leatherfaces first appearance.

Rome (ok it's a TV show) - Pullo in the arena.

Cape fear - When Mitchum tells the story about getting even with his wife.

Near Dark - The massacre in the bar.

Slingblade - Billy Bob fucking up the joke.

in t-2 when the t-1000 and arnold confront each other for the first time in the hallway.

in aliens when ripley emerges in the power loader.

the bit in the big lebowski where the dude is hammering nails into a block of wood to keep the chair pinned to the door and then the door opens.

the mad 360 degree camera shot inside the car in children of men.

any scene from predator or die hard.

SO SO MANY. Heres some that come to mind:

Raging Bull: The big "did you fuck my wife" arguement between DeNiro and Pesci. Starts off with the tv not working then gets so intense.

Mean Streets: The start where Harvey Keitel wakes up, says his words and those awesome drums and that song kick in.

Blue Velvet: Lots of stuff, but Dennis Hopper asking Kyle McLoughlan
"what kind of beer do you like"........
"Heiniken".........
"HEINIKEN! FUCK THAT SHIT!"

Princess Mononoke:When he meets the little white shakey forest creatures for the first time.

SMOKE: ALL OF IT.

That Raging Bull bit reminds me of the lift scene in Internal Affairs. The lift opens and Andy Garcia (again) gets loafed in the head by Richard Gere who proceeds to tell him that his wife came when he fucked her up the arse. As he leaves, he takes Garcia's wife's panties out of his pocket, throws them at Garcia and says, "Here, clean yourself up."

Best thing Richard Gere ever did.

"Today, as you may or may not know,
it doesn't matter...is the opening of the World Series..."
"The Chief put his hand up!"
From 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest'.
--------------------------------------------------

Tony Curtis doing his Cary Grant impression in Some Like It Hot
Robert Shaw's '..then it's eyes roll back' monologue in Jaws

THAT opening crane shot in 'Touch Of Evil'
The twenty minute wordless centrepiece heist of 'Le Circle Rouge'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back