Father snapped daughter's spine (2 Viewers)

Probably a very bad violent upbringing combined with drug (ab)use and a possible intellectual disability or emotional disorder. A cocktail of things that spelled disaster - he probably had no comprehension whatsoever of what violence does to a child - and it sounds like the mother didn't either. He was probably violent to her too.

He is probably one of those guys who tortured animals too. People who can mistreat any child make me sick, but their own child... the mind boggles. They should both be sterilised.

They really should be. The mother was pregnant at the time of her daughter's death. They clearly both have intellectual disabilities or disorders of some kind and don't have a fucking clue how to look after themselves, never mind a child.
It's so sad that there are so many parents who can't have their own kids and people like this can go and not just have them, but kill them. Not that anything can be done about that, but it's just so awful.

You're right Squiggle - he probably did do that too. I bet he had all the hallmarks of a future abuser/murderer.

They really should be. The mother was pregnant at the time of her daughter's death.

That's what really gets to me. Clearly they didn't have a lot of love for the baby they already had so why on earth would they want another one? Have these people never heard of birth control? Failing that, they live in a country where abortions are available.

I really do think that anyone who has been convicted of any form of child abuse should be prevented from having any future children of their own. I'm sick of reading stories of women who have children with sex offenders etc. If people won't show any concern for their own children the law should do something more radical.

I think for most 'normal' people having a child is an amazing thing, and we believe children should be cherished, nourished and loved.
To others, they're just an inconvenience and are treated as such.
It's ironic that they have access to free birth control and cheap abortions in the UK - but still so many unloved children are born.

I think for most 'normal' people having a child is an amazing thing, and we believe children should be cherished, nourished and loved.

That's the thing, but it's not just what we believe though. No normal person faced with a helpless baby, or small child, could possibly want to harm them. We're hardwired to want to protect and care for them, even if we didn't bring them into the world.

And as to the inconvenience thing, there are so many options these days that there is no excuse for bringing an unwanted (as opposed to unexpected) child into the world. Vasectomies are safe and reliable, tubal ligation carries a few more risks but not too many, the range of hormonal birth control options is staggering. If someone knows they don't want children they should take steps to make sure they don't have any.

Totally, I just think that with people such as this, given their backgrounds (which were probably just as bad as this child's), and the fact that they probably grew up with no moral compass at all, with no idea of what's right or wrong, meant to them their behaviour was 'normal'.
Then add in drug use to this - and they fact they used in front of their kids! - and this probably affected them too as they were already vulnerable.

Plus, not to harp on about it, but I definitely believe both of them had to have 'mental' difficulties/disorders, probably low IQ's but may not have been diagnosed.

We can't understand their behaviour because we have no frame of reference for it.

Squiggle, this is all very well for people who have functioning brains.

I know. Which is why I made my earlier comments regarding sterilisation being part of the 'punishment' for convicted offenders. It might seem draconian but it would help to prevent them being in a position to repeat their mistakes, or, if their children survived to adulthood, produce additional messed-up members of society.

Sweetoblivion, you're right. It is impossible to understand how or what these people were thinking, if they were thinking at all. It is just horrific to think that there was nobody to protect that little girl, or care for her.

the kid had been malnourished for months before her death, surely others noticed and reported this, if so why wasnt anything done about it? social services in britain and ireland seem to be pretty unwilling to take kids into protective services. when i was about 5 i had a friend who genuinely thought his name was bastard, he was so bashed up that he even had bruises on his ears and burn marks on his hands. my parents rang social services again and again, and the garda, they tried keeping him with us for as long as possible but his mam would manage to get him back (him being considered her property and all). it was almost a year before he was taken off them, last i heared he was adopted by a nice family in cork. pity he had to go through so much before anyone took notice.

They clearly both have intellectual disabilities or disorders of some kind and don't have a fucking clue how to look after themselves, never mind a child.

No, no, no. Stop that. By saying this it comes across as tring to explain it way or blame it on another cause. I know it's an instinctive thing for people to do this as you probably can't cope with the fact that are just genuinely sadistic people out there in the world. Him having any form of disability is not just the sole reason, plenty of other people with intellectual disabilities have kids and don't snap their kids spine.

No, no, no. Stop that. By saying this it comes across as tring to explain it way or blame it on another cause. I know it's an instinctive thing for people to do this as you probably can't cope with the fact that are just genuinely sadistic people out there in the world. Him having any form of disability is not just the sole reason, plenty of other people with intellectual disabilities have kids and don't snap their kids spine.

Gambra I seriously don't mean that in a blanket way - I don't think that an intellectual disability etc means you are more likely to be a murderer obviously!! I never intended that and am sorry if I caused offence to anyone.

I was thinking aloud if there were a number of things combined that were contributing to his behaviour. Maybe he does have diminshed mental capacity. Maybe he doesn't. Maybe he had an awful childhood and he saw awful things and knew no difference, so went on and did the same things. Whatever the case, clearly, his world view is very very different to others'.

It just struck me reading about this case - I'd read another more in depth article last week - that he wasn't doing this 'for kicks', he seemed to be treating the child like that because he thought it was normal. Which indicates he has some issue with his behaviour and I don't believe it's simply that he's a sadist.

edit: and it's not an excuse either - it doesn't make his behaviour less horrific. Killing someone, no matter what your state of mind, is horrific. In this case it was pretty cold blooded.

they are:

High-School-Exterior.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back