Fanzines (1 Viewer)

eucrid eucrow

I'm teaching GCSE Media Studies next year and have provisionally been given the green light to study fanzines and alternative news outlets (printed only) as part of the Institutions aspect of the course. Therefore I need to start collecting examples from a variety of areas - music, politics, film, sport - to give the kids an understanding of their content, purpose, design, etc.

I know a lot of people on here are involved in stuff like this so if you could post the names of good 'zines here that you think would suit and how I can get a hold of them, or pm me, that would be great. 'The Vacuum', from Belfast, is the best example of the kind of thing I'm looking for but any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
hasn't there already been about a million and ten papers written about zines by punkers?
DID YOU EVEN READ THE POST?

jesus

-1,000,00000 rep for you

Uruguay.gif

oh shit said:
the vacuum ain't no zine

get down to red ink in dubland, try pm'ing spuded, he posts on eirecore

Thanks, will do.

I know The Vacuum isn't a zine but it is the kind of small-scale alternative media publication that I want to focus on as a contrast with the massive conglomerates that have to be studied.

By the way, I know you've produced your own 'zines, have you any available that I could buy from you?

eucrid eucrow said:
Thanks, will do.

I know The Vacuum isn't a zine but it is the kind of small-scale alternative media publication that I want to focus on as a contrast with the massive conglomerates that have to be studied.

By the way, I know you've produced your own 'zines, have you any available that I could buy from you?

you should talk to niallmc & nlgbbblth. oh clodagh, and steve albino too - he's been around the block. and let's not forget swingkid, or the top muzzer himself anto dillon, whose username escapes me right now.

there was a zine called "notes from the end of underground" a few years ago with stuff about godspeed, low, papa m and stuff like that. I think i have some copies if they'd be any use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back