famous people that died that you were actually sad about (1 Viewer)

richardwhiteley_opt.jpg

nlgbbbblth said:
Phil Lynott
Nico
Roy Orbison
Johnny Thunders
Jerry Garcia
Joey Ramone
Marc Vivien Foe
Mary Hansen
John Peel
Nikki Sudden
Grant McLennan
when did nico die?how?

eoinbox said:
when did nico die?how?
nico was knocked off her bike i think. died late 80's. maybe 88/89.
actually this just reminded me of when mary from stereolab was killed on her bike as well. that was quite sad.

ok - yes dermot morgan, john peel, johnny cash (heartbreaker)... but would you derep me really hard if i also said river phoenix and kurt cobain? when i was 10 river was my first film-star crush - that bit in indiana jones and the last crusade (i think) where he falls into the train carriage full of snakes and he pushes the hair back out of his eyes... sigh.. i was gutted when he died.. and kurt... well i'm cringing from my toes to my neck hair thinking about it but i wrote an adolescent dirge on kurt's pasing which finished with the lines
"when you swore you didn't have a gun did you tell a lie?
when you looked into your heart shaped box did it make you cry?
well - whatever - nevermind."
*cccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnge (shoots self)

Shine said:
but would you derep me really hard if i also said river phoenix and kurt cobain?

Yea Kurt Cobain...i was 16 or something.
If it happened now i'd say 'thats what you get for signing to a major label and doing bucket loads of heroin!'

Back then i did'nt know he was such a junkie (not much in the line of music magazines in kerry back then), so was a bit shocked when it was on the news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back