family ties (1 Viewer)

Portrait painters from both sides, 1700's, died during the fenian uprising. Dad's side were all cork farmers, landowners, rebels etc; as well as my mad granny's mad claims that a distant cousin of my grandad's was big into satan. A decent load skipped out of cork during the famine; i know of two strands that went to new-york and are in construction and booze for the past couple generations. My ma's side were from meath/kildare originally but moved to dublin, purchasing land in the early 1800's;scattered due to deaths, remarraiges and the theft of estates etc; at one point owned the point depot and land from the river to harry crosbie's plots out tthe north bay, arr, aye, till wicked step mothers arrived and took it all away. I still have photo's of great and grand parents strolling down oconnel street and going for 'drives in the country', which back then was the southside of dublin in thier straw hats and Model T's. -Deadly.

Oh jesus, heres corey. The withered branch of a festing, decaying tree of shame. Your clan has dutch elm disease corey. Log off.

Sit Ubu! Sit! Good dog.

Sorry. Ruining it for everyone.

hehheh

Ubu_logo.jpg

Apparently my surname originated in Ireland from a group of French Huguenots who came here to escape religious persecution in the late 18th c. There was an estate of some type on my dad's side of the family that was lost through unspecified dodginess back in the day. Id like to know more about all that as there are all sorts of stories of various mad characters. My great grandmother was a nurse in England during WWI which must've been interesting. She had a collection of really cool shoes that my dad threw out when I was a young wan (cry). On my mother's side my great grandmother was disowned by her family for marrying my (much older) great grandfather. Some of them got up to bould stuff during the War of Independence and at least one joined the Foreign Legion. Oh, and my brother claims we're related to Che Guevara.

i think i'm the family tree expert in my family

i have knowledge of my mothers side to Great Great grandparents and to my fathers side to my great grandparents

there are both roches and scanlon's on my great great grandparents. maybe that's where i get my love of the bike from

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back