family ties (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
sorry guys this thread isnt about michael j fox :(

my family seems to have been extremely conscientous when it comes to keeping the family tree because i was just sent a section of it by my uncle and that section alone spans 14 A3 pages :eek:
it's so deadly to read over though, goes back to the early 1800's. madness.
anyone else got a family tree? i'm not sure which of the many names/genes to blame for my imperfections now :p

I'd say my dad could do his family tree back to about the mid-19th century, but then, his dad was born in the first few years of the 20th century.

My more distant relations are kind of interesting, but all of my grandparents are absolutely fucking fascinating to me. They might not be to anyone else, but I think they are. Not a tree so much as a family history, and I'm kind of obsessed with my own.

I'd love to find out how many times my grandfather was married. My dad has a bunch of half-siblings, and lost touch with them all, but it'd be cool to find them. My grandfather was murdered on Thanksgiving Day in 1971 in Arizona, when he worked for the Sheriff's department in Pima County. It's still technically unsolved (I think), but they're pretty sure it was a hitchhiker. I never met him, obviously, but I'd really like to know more. My MA supervisor once asked me if I was related to a John R***** at Another University, and I was like, "No....ok, wait...maybe?" We have no idea how far grandpa spread his seed.

I think I mentioned this before, but my other grandfather was part of a secret government organisation, which lived under the earth. No, seriously. He was. My grandmother worked for the Washington Post back before it was not okay for women to have jobs, and my great-grandma was one of the first women to attend law school. My other grandmother started a DIY opera company, which was pretty punk rock of her. She was also insane and hardheaded and a compulsive liar as well as a kleptomaniac.

I'd say my dad's side just disappears into poor Sicilian anonymity by the middle of the 19th century, but my mom's might be kind of interesting. Her mother's side had their name mutated, so we have no idea where they came from, only that they lived in Nova Scotia. If you can be of 'Canadian descent', then I am. What's weird is that there's a strange accent that runs in my mom's side of the family, which comes from my grandmother's family. We all have it. I get asked all the time if I'm Canadian, and people assume that I talk weird because I've been here for so long, but actually, I've always talked weird.

Okay, now I'm being boring.

My dad's side of the family has a family tree that goes back to the 18th century. Apparently they used to all live in Francis Street. Which is nice.

i think someone has done one for my fathers side, not sure though. im not sure if its the same in every parish about the place but where my mother is from, in west cork, some guy put together a book that listed everybody in the area, who their parents were, who their children were, who they married etc. it was very detailed and you could cross reference the names and see the relationships between people. theres also loads of local history books about the area. in one of them there was a chapter my granduncle wrote for his children all about his childhood and his mother and father and brothers and sisters. there was interesting (to me) bits of info about my grandad and the type of plough he had etc... i think people who lived through most of the last century lived through more changes than people at almost any other time so their stories are that bit more interesting for it.

In many ways, the father in Family Ties was a father to us all.
Just as the teacher in Head of the Class was a teacher to us all.

sorry guys this thread isnt about michael j fox :(

my family seems to have been extremely conscientous when it comes to keeping the family tree because i was just sent a section of it by my uncle and that section alone spans 14 A3 pages :eek:
it's so deadly to read over though, goes back to the early 1800's. madness.
anyone else got a family tree? i'm not sure which of the many names/genes to blame for my imperfections now :p
No but I do find the idea totally fascinating.....
My family tree would be very interesting as my father was a Turkish Cypriot and mother from Cabra.

I can trace my lineage back to the dagmars of denmark - the danish blood is quite apparent in my piercing blue eyes. I suspect some black blood was spilt into the line too as my cock is girthy and long, and i can sprint like the wind.

I can trace my lineage back to the dagmars of denmark - the danish blood is quite apparent in my piercing blue eyes. I suspect some black blood was spilt into the line too as my cock is girthy and long, and i can sprint like the wind.
I take it that the modesty comes from your Danish roots as well?

i'd love to see my family tree. i know only a few things about my ancestors:

- great or great-great grandad emigrated from Ireland
- related to the dude who founded the English bobbies
- related to Mia Farrow somewhere along the line (3rd or 4th cousin?)
- possible relation to Tolstoy

mad lineage. Irish/Anglo/German/Roma-Yugo/Jewish

no wonder i drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back