Families are great, yeah? (1 Viewer)

It Will Never Last

Spent a small fortune on the makings of dinner for today (seafood out for preganant sister, pasta out for fussy uncle, so settled on pork medallions with pears and parsnip plus baked carrots), my job was to cook the main course and my sis would take care of starter/dessert. We were to eat in my sister's place.

Got up nice and early to go get the ingredients, then spent a good hour prepping (marinade for the meat, chopping veg etc etc)

Sister rings me just after 1 to tell me her and my mum had a row, apparently my mum had the hump because we'd invited my uncle (dad's brother) cos "he's not blood and I'm not pussyfooting around him" so dinner is off the cards. I ring my mum and tell her to apologise to my sis, I get the same rant. I explode, and tell the two of them to fuck right off, I've turned down €300 worth of overtime and spent another €50 on their dinner, so they can cook their own fucking food.

Go to bed for two hours, get up and watch the 2nd half of Mickeys-Villa game, scoff some of the pork medallions then into town for a show involving cute furry creatures from the Far East that don't like bright lights. I've had a decent 2nd half to mother's day, I hope the other pricks were miserable.

Lovely bunch of roses sitting in a vase here in my living room, I'm off down to my gran's grave tomorrow to put them on it cos fucked if I'm giving them to my mother after her performance. I'm now a self-appointed orphan.

Was good to get that out.

familes = lame.

me and my brother have decided our da is mostly an arsehole, a bully and by far, the most immature member of the household.
even my mother had to beg for me to even offer him a glass of wine before dinner. the dinner i went into town and bought that he ate and negated to thank me for. i have had it with that fucking dickhead.

you're right, that does feel good.

Had a similarly dramatic incident with my mam and my sister on Christmas day. Sister was being a cock and made my mam cry and I had to pick up the pieces, comfort the aul mammy and get everyone to make up and be frens again after they'd stopped screaming down the phone at each other. Bunch of tossers. Why can't everyone be as sound as me? :rolleyes:

At least I got to properly use the phrase "you've ruined Christmas!!!" later that evening. :)

we did all the drama when we kids were kids, now we act like adults (dad doesn't but mom keeps him from doing harm). and no one is fussy about formalities, i don't have to remember any birthdays etc.

family-argument_02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back