Falling Flat on Your Face (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Running for a bus last week, pelting down rain, slipped on a crisp bag, went flying and landed straight on my face. Whacked my teeth and possibly have to go to dentist. A few people pointed and laughed. Embarrassing and painful.

Its never as funny when it happens to you.

What a week, Christ...

Bad buzz. Go to the dentist. For peace of mind like.

Don't ever run for a bus. The bus is NOT the boss of you, and you shouldn't have to extrenuate yourself at it's whim.
NO
MATTER
WHAT.

Bad buzz. Go to the dentist. For peace of mind like.

Don't ever run for a bus. The bus is NOT the boss of you, and you shouldn't have to extrenuate yourself at it's whim.
NO
MATTER
WHAT.

I personally love running for the bus coz I always seem to catch it and its a great feeling when ye do. Sorry about yer teeth Jim

The edge of the paths around here are this sort of curved wraper of metal, to protect it from cars and things.
The thing is, that metal is nice and polished now from all the people stepping off it. And, it's slippery as fucking ice in the rain. I caught it running in the rain, and ended up landing pointing in the oposite direction to where I was going. With two horiffied looking girls looking at me. I dont even know what happened.

I like running for the bus though. I feel like I am making deadly time, and I will be early.

Or on time.
Or less late in reality.

i wish they still had those old fashioned buses that you could jump onto while they were moving like in the olden days. descriptions my father used to give me made it sound like great fun. ah the good old days, wha?

a similar incident happened to me a few years ago. I got on the bus, slipped on something like a wrapper and fell forward onto the thing where you put yr money on the bus and cut my lip up pretty bad. Mostly i was just dying on shame but later i realised how much i could have fucked up my teeth and went into the dental hospital.

they told me it is best to get these things looked at asap in case there is nerve damage which might lead to costly root canal treatment.

so what i'm trying to say is..get thee to a dentist post haste Corr

i wish they still had those old fashioned buses that you could jump onto while they were moving like in the olden days. descriptions my father used to give me made it sound like great fun. ah the good old days, wha?
olden days...jayses, i remember them buses...

I remember them buses too.
Bad buzz about yer teeth, Jimmy. Poor oul Kurt Vonnegut wrote about how there's nothing funnier than someone falling, and then he died from a fall :(

Cheers Cormac

Going to dentist next week, I might get away with it.

Poor ol Kurt, I think the same thing happened to Nico, but get the impression she didn't do too much laughing during her life...

My missus was leap frogging these bollards in Leixlip, she slipped and smacked her mouth off the bollard instead, smashed her front teeth. The copious ammounts of alcohol the pain though. Horribal time though

imagine one fall (autumn) you were going to a screening of the fall guy on the falls road and you were listening to the fall, and you fell on the ground and a woman came over to help you and you fell in love.

it would be sooooooooo romantic.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

In Ireland?
Or are you talking about the UK.
I dont remember them at all at all.
i remember them in dublin. i remember orange ones and green ones. for some reason i can picture clearly the white tape on the pole, the scraggy rope got the bell. the big red button. the conductors in their hats.... don't know why

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back