Faking Your Own Death. (1 Viewer)

Corey

It'd be the only way i could actually get away from this rain and move somewhere naice without being followed. Or despised by many.

Tips Please.

start telling everyone the brits are trying to abduct you and then in a few months row your boat to france and everyone will think it happened. once you're in france you can start a new life

French_baguette.jpg

Hew New, Not France. Fuck no.

You'd take out insurance before you do anything, right? Right.

Would you hang around for a bit after and freak people out on the street of a rainy afternoon?

Or is that bad form?

Do i invite Bono to the funeral or does he just arrive?

What kind of an alias would you choose for your new place? Keep in mind it'd have to be convincing enough for people to believe; yet boring enough for them not to take too much notice.

well, you want sunshine, so I'd pick somewhere near the equator. and you probably don't want to be discovered so you'd probably want to go somewhere pretty far away... maybe a pacific island? or the carribean. and, you're an artist right? death tends to add a few zeros to the price of a painting, so already you're bankrolling your secret new life. all you have to do now is stage an elaborate tragedy and you're home free! maybe a boating accident, or falling into a volcano. no-one's going to jump in after someone who's just fallen into a volcano. perfect.

You don't need to fake your own death - just shave your beard off. If you don't have a beard then grow one. Or else start wearing a hat.

you're an artist right? death tends to add a few zeros to the price of a painting, so already you're bankrolling your secret new life.

The only problem with this is that you don't actually pay the dead artist for the painting.

It'd be the only way i could actually get away from this rain and move somewhere naice without being followed. Or despised by many.

Tips Please.

When things go wrong and will not come right,
Though you do the best you can,
When life looks black as the hour of night -
Faking your own death is your only man.

i still think my idea is a winner. you dont have to stop in france - once your in france you can go anywhere. Samarkand has a nice ring to it, or possible somewhere on the shores of the caspian sea.

i still think my idea is a winner. you dont have to stop in france - once your in france you can go anywhere. Samarkand has a nice ring to it, or possible somewhere on the shores of the caspian sea.
You and the Caspian Sea. You're ALWAYS going on about the Caspian Sea. Why don't you just get a boat and live there!

it's not a problem. just pay a partner in crime, like an agent or wife. then you have access to your posthumous money. forgot to point that out earlier.

You're assuming they'll just give the money to you. You'll be legally dead.
If they told you to fuck off you couldn't do anything.

This means you'd have to kill them and then pretend to be them.
If you did this just after you're supposed death, then it's quite possible you could attend your own funeral dressed as your wife.
If this were Hamlet, you'd then have to sleep with your brother.

Ultimately, are you asking Corey to sleep with his brother?

Tips Please.

Pirandello wrote a novel, Il Fu Mattia Pascal, about a guy who fakes his own death and the numerous pitfalls that occur. Wikipedia have conveniently summarised it:

The protagonist, Mattia Pascal, finds that his promising youth has, through misfortune or misdeed, dissolved into a dreary dead-end job and a miserable marriage. His inheritance and the woman he loved are stolen from him by the same man, his eventual wife and mother-in-law badger him constantly, and his twin daughters, neglected by their mother, can provide him with joy only until an untimely death takes them. Death robs him even of his beloved mother.

To escape, he decides one day to sneak off to [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Carlo"]Monte Carlo[/ame], where he encounters an amazing string of luck, acquiring a small fortune. While reading a newspaper on his return home, he discovers, to his immense shock and delight, that his wife and mother-in-law declared an unknown corpse to be his own.

Faced with this sudden opportunity to start afresh, he first wanders about [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe"]Europe[/ame], and finally settles down in [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome"]Rome[/ame] with an assumed identity. His character develops in unexpected, even admirable, ways. Yet one admirable act brings the protagonist a crisis, followed by additional crises that lead him to conclude that continuing with his plans will entail only misery for those he loves, precisely because his entire life, including the precious liberty he thought he had gained from his past, is now a lie.

He ultimately decides to fake his own death and return to his original life. But even that proves difficult; his family and town have long since adjusted to his "death," and his own adjustment of character prompts him to have mercy on his now remarried wife. So the twice-dead Late Mattia Pascal reduces himself to a figure outside the mainstream of society, a walk-on part in his own life.

i'm living proof that faking your own death is simple and cost effective

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back