Extra charges for musical equipment in taxis (1 Viewer)

Lungs

Anyone know what the story is with this? Seems to be a recent phenomenon from what I understand. Was getting a taxi to move gear to a venue the other day and my friend was told there could be up to €25 extra charged cos we had musical equipment. Turned out to be a coupla quid extra in the end, but the vagueness of it all is a bit weird.

Also, anyone know any taxi companies that definitely don't do this?

Wasn't sure about this myself, but that seems quite excessive.
I had two taxi journeys last weekend carrying drum gear - cymbals, snare, bag of hardware; and wasn't charged anything extra. Could depend on the driver and/or the type/size of gear being transported, but I imagine regular luggage criteria should apply, if it does at all.

i know someone who got clattered in the head by her cello case when the taxi driver insisted on putting it in the boot himself (which she was trying to insist she could do).

A taxi driver once told me that musical instruments are exempt from extra charges. So, as WC says, that's bullshit.

This popped up for me a couple of times in the Betamax days. Usually if we were trying to get drums around by taxi. I think we actually had to pay it once, but I was under the impression that it was a charge that was down to the discretion of the taxi driver and it always sounded a bit makey-upy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back