Explosions in the Sky (1 Viewer)

coldspoon con said:
us and The Chalets are playin the Warwick on Thursday 19th February, if it's any good to ya.

first time we'll have properly played Galway, so we're pretty excited.
excellente! see ye there! :)

eoinOT said:
I'll be there too. We'll fly the maroon and white flag together ...
i will undoubtedly be maudlin and drunk due to the loss of a lady to a foreign land :( but we'll have the chalets hoopy earrings to distract us!

Hey Folks....
Explosions in the Sky will also be supported by Rest in Limerick. We are collectively very happy with this decision. Hurrah!

EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY
+ Bikini Atoll
+ Rest
@ The Lobby Bar,
Thursday 5th Feb
tickets available from venue now
- a bandicoot promotion -

Hailing from the sultry town of Austin in Texas, Explosions In The Sky make some of the most passionate, powerful instrumental music you will ever hear.

Their cinematic music soars, filled with atmospheric guitar lines, marching drums and elegiac melodies that ignite into walls of noise and build into sweeping soundscapes. Fear, hope, sorrow, love, death, rebirth and renewal are the themes driving the music of Explosions In The Sky. Their first album was released in the US on the Temporary Residence label . They came to be signed to the label thanks to the American Analog Set.

Their recent album "The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place" is now out on Bella Union Records (formed by Simon Raymonde and Robin Guthrie of the Cocteau Twins).

Rimbaud said:
Easy....its not Dublin.

Explosions in the Sky are playing Belfast on the saturday - wheres the place they`re playing located?
The venue is called The Pavillion.
Anyone know an address or anything?
Up the Ormeau Rd. Upstairs, nice 'n small; where Gira played.

I have a foggy recollection from Friday night of someone telling me to go see Explosions in the Sky this Wednesday in Dublin...

Wha? Where?

Played in Galway a few times, years ago. Found it very hard to get gigs and ended up organising one in the Eglington Hotel in Salthill. Gig was pretty good but the shite I had to go through just to do it was a nightmare.

Galway needs a Music Room! (so does Dublin)

high school - good one!

down here about ten years ago the promoter of Neds Atomic Dustbin accidentally printed (not with us I hasten to add) billboard posters stating Neds Automatic Dustbin were playing in sir henrys. I still get fervent neds fans in england e-mailing me asking for copies/jpeg's of it

good... cos i'm sick of the high stool in limerick.

i don't get it, i re-read it twice. isn't there a venue called sir henrys in cork? shit, i hope this doesn't show me up to be the thicko i am...

Jim A. Morrish said:
high school - good one!

down here about ten years ago the promoter of Neds Atomic Dustbin accidentally printed (not with us I hasten to add) billboard posters stating Neds Automatic Dustbin were playing in sir henrys. I still get fervent neds fans in england e-mailing me asking for copies/jpeg's of it

aaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha :D much better name! remember that quiz show, with the dustbins? 3-2-1 dusty bin or something it was called? imagine if ned's played on that?!?! i should be in marketing. so fucking bored.
Jim A. Morrish said:
the name of the band was Neds Atomic Dustbin (quite big at the time)
what the printer did was write it as Neds Automatic Dustbin

hee hee, i know a boy named corky.
Jim A. Morrish said:
sadly, demolition work on sir henrys started today.

sad day for us corkies who went to many a great gig there, best venue/club I was ever in by a mile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back