Excuse me, weren't you in The Fall? (2 Viewers)

Mormon Nailer said:
i saw them at that Reading festival mentioned in the article. Great stuff. Mark E would get bored half way through a song and just stop. The band would plough on and hed go to each member in turn pulling their hands off their instruments.

He kept pulling the drumsticks off the drummer.
Saw them at the leeds show the next day. 30 mins, three tunes and an encore. Fuckin brilliant.

Mormon Nailer said:
I tried googling her but no luck. Has anyone any idea I'm dying to know.
Well lets name out the possibilities: lemmy (my best bet), vince neil, shane magwan (though he wouldn't have been wearing a suit). Eh...

shitepipe said:
hmmm, lemmy being introduced 20 years ago as the new sensation doesnt really fit... shane mcgowan i was thinking alright- what was his birds name?
yeah but obviously she changed some of the details, otherwise it'd be a piece of piss to put together - hard drinking rock stars born in year X?

Though i doubt lemmy would wear a suit. And isn't he well capable of finishing gigs these days?

Hmm. She wasnae in the Lemmy buke.
Maybe a Killing Joke or someone?
Or one of the Butler brothers from Psychedelic Furs?

nlgbbbblth said:
Such a great album, never got the credit it should have.
My Sex, The Way I Like it, How He Wrote Elastica Man. No bad tracks..|..|

the silly synth drums and dog barks at the begining are fun, and then the biggest fuck off bass riff rips the fuck out of your ear, (worth noting it's one of the loudest records I own...) from there on it's just full on noisey fun fun fun

why it didn't put them right back on top of their game I'll never know... I still hope Justine has another record in her, she's not made a bad one yet...

well, she works for partisan records, and used to work moving shadows records, if it helps. and she won some award for marketing franz ferdinand.

i am bored googling so someone else take over

Hmm. So that explains why she has a best of list on the domino site.
Must've been that woman they said was responsible for their fancy new marketing ways.

Still, anyone read this:

" When I arrived, in my capacity as the girlfriend, to sort things out, Shane calmed down enough to explain to me that he had taken 15 or 20 tabs of acid earlier in the evening, and had become convinced that the third world war was taking place and that he, as the leader of the Irish republic, was holding a summit meeting in his kitchen between the heads of state of the world superpowers, Russia, China, America and Ireland. In order to demonstrate the cultural inferiority of the United States, he was eating a Beach Boys album."

i saw the fall in reading around 98-99, can't remember exactly. they came on 20 minutes late, mark e smith had a bloody nose from having a punch up with the drummer who had stormed off so some other bloke just took over on drums..methinks it was the drummer from skunk anansie for some reason...they played for about 15 minutes and he kept stumbling into brix xmith who looked so fucked off with him..ah they weren't all happy days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back