Ever kicked anyone out of your band? (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Heard two lads on the 51C tonight, discussing the best way to tell Nugent he had to go. Its going to happen tonight. One of them hated "doing this shit". Wonder how they got on? Are you out there lads (or Nugent)? It reminded me of this..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It all came to a head last night, pissed off to read it on here first though. Anyway, here's our statement.

"Sea Dog regretfully announce, that due to unreconcilable artistic differences, we have moved in different directions. We had a good run at it, easy come/easy go. Ivan's going to become an estate agent, Scott's left the country, Damien's working overtime at the shop and Cian's hit the bottle hard. As long as we can flesh out the money from the gig last week we should be able get through. Really is the day the music died."

so waht happened, some band said they were going to fuck a guy out of their band on the radio without telling him first?

I've kicked shedloads of people out of bands...

slackers...

Seriously though, I have had to kick quite a few people out of bands... for sucking or not taking it seriously or being on heroin or for sucking...

The best way to get someone out of your band is to freeze them for a long time and eventually they just walk because hey! Rock 'n' roll is meant to be fun. There's a legal term for making someone's situation untenable - a kind of passive-aggressive firing process, does anyone know it? Takes time though, you wouldn't want to be in a hurry.

The best way to get someone out of your band is to freeze them for a long time and eventually they just walk because hey! Rock 'n' roll is meant to be fun. There's a legal term for making someone's situation untenable - a kind of passive-aggressive firing process, does anyone know it? Takes time though, you wouldn't want to be in a hurry.

I think it's called having no balls.

office.jpg

That's pretty much how men handle all break ups.

"Why have you been treating me like shit for the last three months?"
" I think we should break up/you should leave the band/fold the business"
"Why didnt you tell me this 6 months ago instead of this attritious creaking tension from hell?"
"I dont know"

Just do what J Mascis did - tell Lou Barlow the band has broken up and then hire someone new.* Lou won't know any better until Dinosaur Jr start touring again.

*(might only work with Lou Barlow)

Creating a hostile work enviroment?

That's pretty much how men handle all break ups.

"Why have you been treating me like shit for the last three months?"
" I think we should break up/you should leave the band/fold the business"
"Why didnt you tell me this 6 months ago instead of this attritious creaking tension from hell?"
"I dont know"

poor vinnie

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back