Evasion (1 Viewer)

i thought off the map was slightly worse than evasion..
"you are travelling?" "yeah." hibickina and i looked at each other. How to explain? "kind of."

My favourite bit is when Evasion's hero robs some records, forgetting completely the fact that he has no turntable, no place to put a turntable and no power to run a turntable. He also didn't mention whether or not he carried the record around with him after taking it.
Pure genius.

and when it switches from one writer to another and you're wondering why he's stopped name dropping sXe bands.

Still, crimethinc's probably done more good than bad. Now you can identify hanger-on kids who won't be around when the next trend starts early on by their insistence that crimethinc is brilliant because their parents hate it. Weed them out.

hhhhmmmm...i thought evasion was real gud. it was fairly funny....not to be taken too seriously though.
i dunno us coolies werent dumpster diving and stealin shit untill turlok got his hands on it now we go dumpstering everynight and we all eat for free. and its real fun too!
i didnt think it was all to bad.
i mean its better than fucking harry potter!

speaking of evasion does anyone know where to go dumpstering in town? i have a friend who just moved up from the country and she can barely afford to pay rent let alone buy food so i said id ask you lot.....any suggestions??

so you know when ur passing through some european city find a good skip take all the food and then move on.
can't help but wonder if that ever happens here - or if anyone else knows about the chocolate dumpster in toulouse.

The best skip ever was in Leeds near Harehills where I used to live. Every night there'd be newspapers, magazines, pizzas, bread, milk, yogurts and lots of fresh fruit and veg; it even had bogroll! One time ror and I skipped a La-Z-Boy chair for our bedroom. It was nicer than my matress, which was also skipped but full of fleas (punk as fuck). This was all before crimethinc was a gleam in a rich white-boy's eye and before the word 'bagel' made me laugh. It was lots of fun and I'd recommend it to anyone, but I wouldn't use it as justification for seeing people who don't do it as complete idiots. These days I don't need to skip, so I haven't done it for a while. There's no point skipping food if you're not going hungry; give it to some wino who smells like piss. Rich students who skip deserve to be mouth fucked by fat protestants.

Best skip ever?

Organic beer dumpster in Seattle (hey even I was impressed), or the vegan chocolate factory in Melbourne, or the vegan cookie dumpster in Seatle (and yes Oly they were cookies, because they were the big kind of soft chewy biscuit and not bourbon creams or something, and a dumpster because it was in the states) or better still the factory where they make the platypus drinking bags (again Seattle) where you could get the rejects, bring them to a chainstore outdoor shop, say they were broken, exchange for credit, return to the dumpster a little while later, retrieve the same bottles that had been sent back by the chainstore and repeat the cycle while saving up for a canoe. It's no wonder Evasion came from thet fckn ridiculous monstrosity of a country. Then there was that time me and Tamarack found a skip with chunks of muesli bar bigger than my torso. Mind you some of them had latex gloves in them...

scrawlzine said:
This isn't an "anti-Crimethinc" observation necessarily but I did find "Evasion" a fucking nauseating read. Poverty tourism for guilt ridden suburbanites.

"Homelessness. Unemployment. Poverty. If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right..." Pass the fucking sickbag. Try telling that to a single mother living in a high rise tower block without heating etc etc etc.

Most Crimethinc stuff tends to have a modicum of intelligence but Evasion was wank, pure and simple. I'd love to see the author dropped in a third world shanty town without running water, sewage system (or bagels) for 1 week and see what he would have to say.

If anyone wants my copy they can have it.
I actually like it just as a piece of fiction to be fair.Much like the way I do actually like Catharsis' music.
But let's face it, wankers or no, there is one thing you have to hand it to Crimethinc for -the GEHENNA cd. I still can't believe they were dumb enough to think GEHENNA were some sort of revolutionaries.Genius.

Umlaut -is- a fantastic example of how to take the piss out of hardcore. Still, it's not like I'd go for a pint with them. I'd probably stick the glass in their collective face.

That track where it's a full on classic hardcore buildup that just keeps building and building then suddenly ends. You could almost forgive them for being into crimethinc. Almost.

umlaut, at first i didnt know they were catharsis and thought they were fucking insane - as in literally insane.

GOOD BAND!

On the day of the eviction about 100 locals faced about 60-70 cops and eviction crew. Time after time they dragged us away from the door. Finally they got us clear but little did the bailiff with the axe know that we had nailed a metal grill to the inside of the door and connected it to the mains electricity. When the axe struck the door the bailiff went flying back across the courtyard, extremely shocked but not injured.

At this stage we got the ambulance crew from James's hospital to break through the window and take the young mother out on a stretcher. While this was a preventative measures in case the excitement got the worse of her heart condition, people in the area thought it was more serious. A very angry crowd pushed the cops back. One cop even broke ranks and announced he was not going to evict anyone, before walking away while his inspector impotently yelled at him.
wanted to put this somewhere on the board.. didnt want to start a new thread.
http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/ws/squat48.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back