Eva McGauley (1 Viewer)

Another update on Eva.

Sadly, the treatment for Eva hasn't been successful and the intent now is to delay the inevitable. Where I imagine I would turn to despair and rage at a time like this, Eva is an astonishing kid and wants to use what time she has left to try and help set up a 24/7 phone service for young victims of sexual abuse and assault in New Zealand.

Here's her page
Givealittle - Cause - Eva's dying wish: Support for sexual assault survivors

She'd love followers on instagram and twitter, and for her message to be spread far and wide.
Eva Mcgauley (@Eva_McGauley) | Twitter
@eva.mcgauley • Instagram photos and videos

Much love to Eva, her mum and dad and everyone she manages to dazzle on a daily basis.

Proper hero.

Update on this. Given the initial diagnosis Eva shouldn't be with us anymore, but she's doing amazingly well. Eva decided not to wallow in her illness and has become a bit of a superstar in New Zealand, advocating to prevent sexual violent against teenagers and has raised somewhere in the region of 55K for her foundation, EvasWish

Remarkably her health is in good stead too. She's been undergoing an experimental treatment that has had astonishing results, and currently there are no detectable tumours in her system. While not cured, her doctors say she is now in uncharted water.

Unfortunately this experimental treatment is really expensive, $4,600 every 3 weeks. Once she's paid for $60,000 worth the drug company will continue to provide it for free.

So, there's a new fund raising drive, see below. As ever, if you have a sheckle to spare, spare it!!
Eva McGauley Medical Treatment - Givealittle

Update on this. Given the initial diagnosis Eva shouldn't be with us anymore, but she's doing amazingly well. Eva decided not to wallow in her illness and has become a bit of a superstar in New Zealand, advocating to prevent sexual violent against teenagers and has raised somewhere in the region of 55K for her foundation, EvasWish

Remarkably her health is in good stead too. She's been undergoing an experimental treatment that has had astonishing results, and currently there are no detectable tumours in her system. While not cured, her doctors say she is now in uncharted water.

Unfortunately this experimental treatment is really expensive, $4,600 every 3 weeks. Once she's paid for $60,000 worth the drug company will continue to provide it for free.

So, there's a new fund raising drive, see below. As ever, if you have a sheckle to spare, spare it!!
Eva McGauley Medical Treatment - Givealittle

I've been following her on instagram since this thread. She's very impressive Hard to believe she's as young as she is. Very great news indeed.

Eva2.jpg Devastated and heartbroken to hear of the passing of Eva.

When Eva was a toddler, she was the cover star of our bands second LP, and her cheeky, joyous face pouring out of the sleeve was a delight.

As a teenager and young woman, she not only refused to be overcome by her diagnosis of terminal cancer but stretched out her time and used every second to make a positive and permanent impact on the world she knew she was leaving behind. She set up a charity to help survivors of sexual abuse in New Zealand and began a journey that took her around the world. She's genuinely made more of a difference in her short years than most of could over several lifetimes. I've long been in awe and will remain so.

All my love to Pat and Eva's mum, Kate, and to her family and friends here and in New Zealand. I can't even begin to fathom how robbed you must feel.

You can read more about, and donate to, the charity she set up at EvasWish

Ah, that's very sad to hear. A very inspiring person. Condolences to her family, they must be very proud of her.

very sorry to hear this.
i remember Luther Blissett posting here but didn't know any of
this until now.
never crossed my mind 'L.B.' would be so young.
it seems Eva was remarkable - R.I.P.

Very sad to hear of this. Thoughts and sympathies are with the family and everyone who knew her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back