Estel, Party Weirdo, Ewa Gigon - Sat 16th Sept, the Hub (1 Viewer)

Re: Estel, Party Weirdo, The Stolen Pony - Sat 16th Sept, the Hub

was looking forward to seeing the pony :(
ah well, Party Weirdo and Estel to be seen. Haven't seen Estel in aaaages. Looking forward to Party Weirdo too.

went to boom boom rooms to see party weirdo and hoovers and sledgehammers last night- fuckin EXCELLENT gig.
party weirdo were amazing and im not just saying that because i know them- I know other people in bands and I dont rate them at all.
Was sitting next to a guy last night who said he felt like he'd just watched his new favourite band for the first time.
same thing happened when i saw them in kilkenny this guy went mad for party weirdo- saying they were like erase erratta- I think if you like a certain type of music party weirdo are the best thing in dublin for a long while- people should deffo check them out at the hub this sat with estel.

hoovers and sledghammers were cool as fuck..
that guy can play bass like no other- smooth man- played without a fret too which made it look all the smoother..and whilst wearing two cardboard tubes stuck with masking tape to a cycling helmet- just quirky and i loved it- and the singer could only be respected - he was an excellent drummer and they just had a cool presence about them..
great night for €5.
and the soundguy in boom boom last night was excellent- made such a difference.
anyways- the hub this sat = go.

hoovers and sledghammers were cool as fuck..
that guy can play bass like no other- smooth man- played without a fret too which made it look all the smoother..and whilst wearing two cardboard tubes stuck with masking tape to a cycling helmet- just quirky and i loved it- and the singer could only be respected - he was an excellent drummer and they just had a cool presence about them..
great night for €5.
and the soundguy in boom boom last night was excellent- made such a difference.
anyways- the hub this sat = go.

H&S are pure class. Joey the new sound dude at the BBR is deadly.

Great stuff! I hadn't seen Ewa, Party Weirdo or 50% of Estel before, but they were all excellent. The familiar half of Estel also rocked...

that club after, aciidisco was really good. good old hystereo. best band in dublin.

well done kirstie et al though for gig.

she reminded me in parts of Diva Plavalaguna from the 5th element. and I mean that as a high compliment.

divaicon.jpg

doh

was excellent gig- eva's getting herself a well deserved fan base for being just excellent and different and original- (goggles, blowing up a yellow ballonn and the most amazing voice ever) as are party weirdo who are just letting go and going hell for leather with whatever sound they fancy (who are in whelans tonight btw) good to see the laydeez bringing bit of originality to music being heard in dublin..
i thought estel played the best ive ever seen them- i loved boudoir fingers and then i liked the quiter new one they did and the 20minute last song with the big church bells in and tommie bringing a drum into the crowd and just beating the shit out of it.
excellent night.
.|..| .|..| .|..| .|..|

Estel are just manufacturers of long winded, boring dirges par excellence for me - like a really bad version of God Speed you Black empire miscegenated with a woefull version of the inspiral carpets. I also thought they were vastly better when they were temporarily just 2...

How ever I know I'm in a minority of one on this question so maybe I should just leave it!
(musik - soooo subjective..)

Eva was up their in the Liz Frazer stakes for me
(with a bit of dead can dance thrown in)
really sublime

Estel are just manufacturers of long winded, boring dirges par excellence for me - like a really bad version of God Speed you Black empire miscegenated with a woefull version of the inspiral carpets. I also thought they were vastly better when they were temporarily just 2...

That could get you a lynching in these parts Krossie..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back