ERASURE /////// Thursday 2nd March '06 (1 Viewer)

Skinny Wolfes

Skinny Wolfes Promotions:
////////////////////////////////////////////

Erasure

(Mute UK )
w/ Cap Piss Cap & Soft Cell
Thursday 2nd March '06
The George, Georges St, Dublin

hits2.jpg

Bell's gifts as a lyricist and melodist added depth and character to Clarke's style (additionally, Bell was openly gay from the beginning, and he reflected this in his lyrics at a time when society as a whole was more ignorant around queer issues than it is today - making Erasure's success all the more phenomenal). As pop craftsmen, the pair's work bears comparison with that of Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, Eurythmics, OMD, Alphaville, A-Ha, Roxette and other pop songwriters.
Though their productivity and record sales declined beginning in the second half of the 1990s, Erasure scored at least one Top 30 hit with the release of every new album. Few electronic bands have demonstrated the durability of Erasure. In 2005 Erasure made a comeback with their #1 position on the US Dance Chart, eighteen years after their first chart-topper. This success was mirrored in the UK with the debut single from Nightbird reaching #4 in the charts.

story.soft.cell.jpg

Soft Cell were an English synthesizer duo during the early 1980s (currently re-formed). They consisted of Marc Almond (vocals) and David Ball (synthesizers). Their lyrics often focused on the darker side of life, with subjects such as kinky sex, transvestism, drugs and murder. They had a huge world-wide hit in 1981 with a cover version of "Tainted Love", a northern soul classic originally sung by Gloria Jones (the wife of Marc Bolan).
Both Marc Almond and David Ball grew up in seaside towns (the former, Southport, and the latter, Blackpool), and later met while students at the Leeds Polytechnic Fine Arts University (now Leeds Metropolitan University). Almond, a performance artist, collaborated with Ball on a few avant-garde multi-media performances at the university. Although Ball's musical background consisted of guitar, he had access to the university studio and was experimenting with the nascent synthesizer technology at the time. The two students became the prototypical synth duo and were initially associated with other New Wave scenesters dubbed "New Romantics" by the British Press. Other bands associated with this scene included Visage, Duran Duran, and Spandau Ballet.

//////////////////////////////////////

Amazing, i fucking love erasure?
how much are tickets?
can i get them in road?

i've seen them a few times before, my uncle jenny (yeah, ok, she was my uncle until the op last year, but i still prefer to call her uncle instead of aunt for some peculiar reason) got me backstage passes, because she/he used to be one of their cumbuckets, anyways here is photo of me and them last year at their venice show..

a-erasure.jpg

yeah, that handsome stunner on the right is moi!
and the other guy was my 'freind' for the night...

ah, golden memory lane

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back