Empire of shite (2 Viewers)

run lola run, techno, techno, techno...fuck right off. reservoir dogs, number 1. Good film and all but to even say its in the same league as mean streets or some of the others is crap. thx....isnt that the spielberg wankfest? nonsence. and passion of the christ, come on... and whats swingers doing so low down. legend of a film

monkeymafia said:
run lola run, techno, techno, techno...fuck right off. reservoir dogs, number 1. Good film and all but to even say its in the same league as mean streets or some of the others is crap. thx....isnt that the spielberg wankfest? nonsence. and passion of the christ, come on... and whats swingers doing so low down. legend of a film
whoh, it says empires top 50 movies, not yours.
you should make a website with your list

You just hate swingers cos you're not money enough! oh and donnie darkos only that high cos it's newish.​

monkeymafia said:
thx....isnt that the spielberg wankfest?
nope, it's a george lucas wankfest.

i fucking hate empire. they give everything 4 out of 5, and then give amazing movies like The Beat My Heart Skipped 3 out of 5.

batman begins, 5 out of 5? pardon?

some great movies in there, paying no attentio to their appalling order they have most of the best indies in there.
Swingers should defo be number one though.Even just to piss off dave

ive seen 28 of the movies listed,which is considerable but ill bet monkey and nofriendo could count on one hand the amount they havnt seen. am i right?

clonan attack said:
some great movies in there, paying no attentio to their appalling order they have most of the best indies in there.
Swingers should defo be number one though.Even just to piss off dave

ive seen 28 of the movies listed,which is considerable but ill bet monkey and nofriendo could count on one hand the amount they havnt seen. am i right?

Feck off!!!

clonan attack said:
seriously man, count 'em up! i bet you've seen at least 40

Ah of course dont know what it was with swingers though just didnt like it!

nofriendo said:
Ah of course dont know what it was with swingers though just didnt like it!

im not gonna start the whole "yr opinion is wrong" thing, god knows theres enough of that over on the Loose thread, but have you tried it a 2nd time?

it really is up there with my favourites of all time and definitely gets better everytime i see it.Got the 2 disc edition last week, its delightful

clonan attack said:
im not gonna start the whole "yr opinion is wrong" thing, god knows theres enough of that over on the Loose thread, but have you tried it a 2nd time?

it really is up there with my favourites of all time and definitely gets better everytime i see it.Got the 2 disc edition last week, its delightful

Yeah i have watched it a couple of times just doesnt register with me! sure i like plenty of nonsence other people hate

Yeah, so many of those films aren't actually independent. There is a big difference between something that comes out in limited release and something that is independent.

what's their definition of indie?surely if resevoir dogs was in there pulp fiction is eligible too and that's much much better.some of those seem big enough.
and i thought mean streets was a pretty shit film but no-one likes me:rolleyes:

I like Empire. 4 or 5 means "probably good", 3 means "could be good or bad depending on your taste", 2 or less means "probably shit". Can't really get more accurate than that with reviews, and while I might not always agree with the number of stars something got it's very rare that I'd really love a 1 star film or really hate a 5 star (unless it's a brit flick, which means you can't trust them at all ... also they tend to overrate blockbusters and how "dark" something is) - for me they're the most reliable movie reviewers that I've ever come across

egg_ said:
I like Empire. 4 or 5 means "probably good", 3 means "could be good or bad depending on your taste", 2 or less means "probably shit". Can't really get more accurate than that with reviews, and while I might not always agree with the number of stars something got it's very rare that I'd really love a 1 star film or really hate a 5 star (unless it's a brit flick, which means you can't trust them at all ... also they tend to overrate blockbusters and how "dark" something is) - for me they're the most reliable movie reviewers that I've ever come across

the event guide used to be my bible for movies.now it's shit

hermie said:
what's their definition of indie?surely if resevoir dogs was in there pulp fiction is eligible too and that's much much better.some of those seem big enough.
and i thought mean streets was a pretty shit film but no-one likes me:rolleyes:

That Scorcese lad is way overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back