embarrassing records you've bought. (2 Viewers)

yeah. that is a complete K-langer. i wonder do shit records get cool again as the years pass and the atrocities grow dim in people minds. when are we due a K revival?

I think K to itself way to seriously to be due a revival.
I remember an interview they did at the time where they slagged off Cornershop for not being as Indian as them...

B000024QML.02._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Pet Shop Boys - Very

Probably their worst album but still pretty decent.

Does yours come with the bonus CD - Relentless?

too many to mention but "Since you been gone" - Whitesnake (??) with Graham Bonnett is in there, which is a great song (well sorta).
Think I've also got a Sheena Easton single too. Oh and Barry Manilow's "Lets hang on", though i think thats great too.

I bought "Final Straw" for my missus at the time. That's my most embarrassing purchase in the last 15 years. Before that I can't remember, maybe Kylie's first album, or Wet Wet Wet.

c00852qm1qa.jpg

Ugh terrible. I'll never play it again and yet I can't bring myself to get rid of it.

I'm not in the least embarrassed about all my other records I should be embarrassed about though!

I'm not embarrassed about any of my records, not even my numerous Primal Scream records (ducks to avoid missiles). I've grown up with them, they're like an embarrassing friend from school who all your grown-up mates hate but you still have a soft spot for.

I'm not even embarrassed about my Jimi Somerville best of, which I bought for his gay disco version of Comment Te Dire Adieu.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But it was 50p, it's easier to justify cheapie charity shop purchases.

c00852qm1qa.jpg

Ugh terrible. I'll never play it again and yet I can't bring myself to get rid of it.

I'm not in the least embarrassed about all my other records I should be embarrassed about though!

that's a freakin' awesome album

except the title track

Pet Shop Boys - Very

Probably their worst album but still pretty decent.

Does yours come with the bonus CD - Relentless?

Nope I saw it in the virgin megastores though back in the day, before the internet was good for such stuff.

I bought it mainly for "I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing" but the version on the album is shit. I was well disappointed. Had a kick ass version taped off the radio.

There's a terrible amount of filler. Tracks I still listen to today are
"dreaming of the queen", "yesterday when I was mad" and "the theatre" (cringeworthy lyrics but the backing and the thunderclap still give me spine tingles).

I love Sylvia Mason James' bits too.

Oh and what's with the bonus track? "I believe in ecstasy, the times we've had you and me.."

Weird! Think I read somewhere it was just Chris Lowe that added that bit.

Primal Scream are deadly.

Aside from their last two LPs.

I quite liked the one before last. Last one was shockingly bad though, and that's coming from someone who actually liked Give Out But Don't Give Up.

I cycle down Bobby G's road every morning, I must find out which house is his so I can frisbee my copy of Riot City Blues into his garden, with "must do better" scrawled on it.

Nope I saw it in the virgin megastores though back in the day, before the internet was good for such stuff.

I bought it mainly for "I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing" but the version on the album is shit. I was well disappointed. Had a kick ass version taped off the radio.

There's a terrible amount of filler. Tracks I still listen to today are
"dreaming of the queen", "yesterday when I was mad" and "the theatre" (cringeworthy lyrics but the backing and the thunderclap still give me spine tingles).

I love Sylvia Mason James' bits too.

Oh and what's with the bonus track? "I believe in ecstasy, the times we've had you and me.."

Weird! Think I read somewhere it was just Chris Lowe that added that bit.

the single version of I Wouldn't Normally... is waaaaaay better.

The three tracks you mention are probably my favourites too.

The bonus track is spooky. Pity it's tagged onto the same track no [12] as Go West. Would make a nice mix cd ender.

I quite liked the one before last. Last one was shockingly bad though, and that's coming from someone who actually liked Give Out But Don't Give Up.

I cycle down Bobby G's road every morning, I must find out which house is his so I can frisbee my copy of Riot City Blues into his garden, with "must do better" scrawled on it.

I liked Give Out... too. Some good moments on it. Saw them live at Electric Picnic and some of the newer [Evil Heat plus Riot City Blues] tracks sounded not-too-bad but I played the albums again when I got home and went 'nah'.

For my sins I bought Placebo's first album. I saw them in whelans and realized they were shit.

Primal Scream...they're more like music journalists or music historians. Always blabbing on about the MC5, the stooges, suicide and all that. They'd probably do a really good mix tape

For my sins I bought Placebo's first album. I saw them in whelans and realized they were shit.

Primal Scream...they're more like music journalists or music historians. Always blabbing on about the MC5, the stooges, suicide and all that. They'd probably do a really good mix tape

they did a deadly one [i.e. an article about what they'd pick] for a magazine. Possibly Uncut.

I bought a Placebo 7" - Nancy Boy. Sold it for a quid.

primal scream. i don't know... for screamadelica all is forgiven. saw them a couple of times but the best one was for the xterminator (their other great record imo) tour in rotterdam with kevin shields on guitar-triggered-samples. fantastic show.

i think i might still have a gomez cd in my folks house somewhere. there is a shit band.

oh yeah, I've a load of Gomez cd's from back when I was 14. I think it's probably more embarrassing that I don't think they're shit than that I own them

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back