Elixir Strings (1 Viewer)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
After being given the most unenthusiastic sales pitch ever and basically cause I was bored and had some money in my pocket I decided to forgo my traditional packet of Martin Light Bronze acoustic guitar strings and get a set of Elixirs, y'know the pricey strings with 'nanowebs' that last forever (sort of) and never change tone... got a set of them Bronze, light, with the nanoweb (not polyweb... whatever the fuck that all means)

Has anyone else tried them? huh? Whats a polyweb?

First thoughts are that they're a little dull, but not in an unpleasant way, nice bass sounds, and a lot less finger noise... seem to make yr pull offs and hammers on a little quieter and less dramatic... maybe...

twenty two of your earth eurodollars... which when I type it out seems like a rip off, but the claim to last 3 or 8 times long then normal strings (no 4, 5, 6 OR 7) and I did want something less "zingy" and more mellow, and I think these do that

and by the by... rusty after a week?!? that's a bit severe... you could have some sort of ph to your sweat that disarees with bronze, this can happen... no really... either that or stop playing the shower

How much were they?

My strings tend to get very rusty after only a week or so.

Has yer g-string never turned brown eh? Eh? Eh!??

Ah no seriously, apparently my skin oils are particularly corrosive on guitar strings. I'm definitely gonna get an electric set for the tele. They're only 12 quid on musicstore.de

my hands fairly sweat when i play and if i forget to give the strings a good wipe after i'm done then its rustsville the next time i open the case. i should give these go i reckon.

Yeah, I think maybe the elixirs stay slightly less bright for longer, rather than being mega-bright for a week or two and then getting dull quick.

i suffer horribly from this corrosive sweat problem, to the extent that things on my guitar begin to rust and the frets wear down horribly from the rusted strings.

just checked thomann and i can't find any elixir 13s, anyone know if they exist?

One of my pick ups is rusty from sweat.Looks like I threw my guitar in the sea.
Do you use 13's Damo?

Those elixirs only seem to go up to 12.

They're a lot cheaper online, almost half price. Does anyone wanna go in on an order?

12s? fuckin wimps.

brian, i use 13s when tuned down and 12s when in regular mode.

I usually get the awl Super Slinkeys...
But yer man in the shop said that Elixers were "Fuggin mazin"

He had a deal goin where I got two sets AND a deadly swiss army guitar thingy for thirty snots...
Seing as it was twenty five usually just for the one packet I got the deal
thing...
The yoke even has a wikkle torch AND a pouch so you can walk around all butch with it on your belt...

oh and the strings are grand... feel like they're laminated with some micro thin plastic coating... really smooth

pgwnd.jpg

on that note, could this be mankinds greatest invention?

that looks the spit of my guitar AND my string winder. and where would i be without either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back