Electro in Bodkins tonight [Fri 14/1/2005] (1 Viewer)

Thayl

Since 1999
Bodkins is opening its doors again to people who like to play music of the electronic variety.

I'm going to be DJing there tonight:

• Compression @ Bodkins (free admission!)
  • Friday 14/1/2005, 8 'till late
  • Wong Sai Hung, Chris Bonnie [Fusion Inc]
  • skkatter [that's me!]
  • Patrick Walsh, Keith Commins [Compression]
I'm on at around 10:30pm-ish and will be playing electro. Here's a recent DJ mix I recorded.

I think the management of Bodkins are kind of testing the waters. Next Friday there's a different night on called "Test" which is being run by Richard Brophy (and Simon Conway will be playing there too), I think if these nights go well then (hopefully) they'll become regular nights.

I used to head to Bodkins a lot when Bleep/Repeater was on there every Friday, it was always great fun. Free in, great music, late bar, I always enjoyed it more than most nightclubs I go to nowadays.

Thayl said:
I think the management of Bodkins are kind of testing the waters. Next Friday there's a different night on called "Test" which is being run by Richard Brophy (and Simon Conway will be playing there too), I think if these nights go well then (hopefully) they'll become regular nights.

I used to head to Bodkins a lot when Bleep/Repeater was on there every Friday, it was always great fun. Free in, great music, late bar, I always enjoyed it more than most nightclubs I go to nowadays.

yeh me too. that and the c4 night in the stinkin basement of frasers.

Thayl said:

yeah it was always good fun, and a reliable, cheap thing to do on a friday. It was a big shame when it stopped.

kirstie said:
yeah it was always good fun, and a reliable, cheap thing to do on a friday. It was a big shame when it stopped.
Well prepare to feel whatever emotion is the exact opposite of shame, because it's starting again!

Thayl said:
Bodkins is opening its doors again to people who like to play music of the electronic variety.

I'm going to be DJing there tonight:

• Compression @ Bodkins (free admission!)
  • Friday 14/1/2005, 8 'till late
  • Wong Sai Hung, Chris Bonnie [Fusion Inc]
  • skkatter [that's me!]
  • Patrick Walsh, Keith Commins [Compression]
I'm on at around 10:30pm-ish and will be playing electro. Here's a recent DJ mix I recorded.

coo-hool. how does one go about getting a slot at this? who should be contacted?

last time i was in bodkins I saw a guy puke on a girls back. He didn't apologise or leave or nuttin.

lmd64 said:
coo-hool. how does one go about getting a slot at this? who should be contacted?
Keith Commins is the main organiser of the Compression night. You can email him at keithcommins [at] yahoo [dot] ie. They'd be looking for electro/techno DJs mostly.

Bodkins does indeed have a great pool table. (not one you put money into but one with real pockets and you rent the balls by the hour or whatever) I'm the worst pool player in the universe, I usually end up firing that white ball off behind the bar etc, so no pool for me.

broken arm said:
last time i was in bodkins I saw a guy puke on a girls back. He didn't apologise or leave or nuttin.
In fetish circles puking on other people is known as a "Roman Shower".

broken arm said:

i hate that.
i was projectile vomited upon in the long hall a few years ago

my favourite vomit story is..
i was in messrs maguire one night and this bunch of bully beefs were having their dinner at the table beside me. it was some chicken curry thing
anyway about an hour later, this Westlife song comes on and the guys all started going apeshit, singing along and rockin out.
i think it was the one with a lyric that went 'when your lookin like that', anyway these lads were loving it until one of them just turns his head to the side, mid-shout and heaves a jet of orange chicken curry vomit out onto my leg.
he gave me a sheepish apologetic look and went back to shouting his head off along to the song with the rest of his sweaty friends

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back