Electricians (1 Viewer)

Hmmm, was that brought up in this particular dispute?

I'm not sure they'd settle for this. Obviously, a pay cut is a lot better if there are less hours to work for what you get. But ultimately, someone earns enough money to make ends meet or not. If they got less pay and couldn't make ends meet, I don't think this would be acceptable.

A top-up from the social? Seriously? Is there any mechanism whereby you can claim basic assistance while you're in employment?

A pay cut isn't acceptable for people who are facing the threat of redundancy at any moment.
Your redundancy payment is based on your current wage/salary.

A pay cut isn't acceptable for people who are facing the threat of redundancy at any moment.

yes, thats what I was saying. But also, a pay cut with reduced hours, though better than with the same hours, may not be acceptable either, because ultimately people have living costs that must be met.

Thats why I wondered if anyone had brought it up at the negotiations.

I think (going by some lad on the radio I was only half listening to) it may actually be based on pre pay cut salary, if pay cut was in the last six months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back