Electric Picnic organisers in court (1 Viewer)

while IMRO certainly do deserve to be paid, do they really think shutting down hugely popular and sucsessful festivals that have always taken a big interest in Irish music, is the way forward?

Maybe POD wouldn't book Luka Bloom or Mick Hanley for the mainstage so they're getting all pissy

while IMRO certainly do deserve to be paid, do they really think shutting down hugely popular and sucsessful festivals that have always taken a big interest in Irish music, is the way forward?

Maybe POD wouldn't book Luka Bloom or Mick Hanley for the mainstage so they're getting all pissy

Ba ha IMRO really do love Luka Bloom

Genuine question, why do POD have to pay artists royalties to the IMRO based on a percentage of the income if the majority of the artists aren't even Irish? And surely any royalty payments would be included in the artists fees? I thought the IMRO was for recorded music only, not live music as well?

All promoters pay 3% (i think) of the total take towards the venue’s Performing Rights Music License. This money to the local collection agency and they pass it onto the needy (and Bono)

Genuine question, why do POD have to pay artists royalties to the IMRO based on a percentage of the income if the majority of the artists aren't even Irish? And surely any royalty payments would be included in the artists fees? I thought the IMRO was for recorded music only, not live music as well?

is that not IRMA?

is that not IRMA?
Yeah made that mistake, scratch the last line of mine so. But still:

IMRO is a national organisation that administers the performing right in copyright music in Ireland on behalf of its members - songwriters, composers and music publishers - and on behalf of the members of the international overseas societies that are affiliated to it. IMRO’s function is to collect and distribute royalties arising from the public performance of copyright works.

If everyone is performing their own works (or covers with the standard permission from the original artist for large festivals like EP) then why do they charge EP?

IMRO collect money on behalf of foreign acts too and pays those on to the acts' national collection agencies (which means most of the money that IMRO collects goes out of the country).

IMRO collect public performance (covering any public airing of a work, whether it's recorded or live) royalties for the copyright in the song (owned by the writer or their publisher). There's also a copyright in the recording (usually, but not always, owned by the label who paid for the recording) - royalties for this are collected by PPI.

what egg said.

Anyone who puts on a gig were a charge is made for admittance and copyright music is performed is liable for a royalty charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back