Eighties Matchbox This Friday... (1 Viewer)

FrankieTeardrop

DCR Presents

EIGHTIES MATCHBOX B-LINE DISASTER
w/support from
HOUSE OF DOLLS
LEGION OF APE

Friday 27 Feb 2009

Crawdaddy

EU15 payable on the door

TICKETS AVAILABLE ON THE DOOR

EIGHTIES MATCHBOX B-LINE DISASTER

Doors 8pm-late

Formed in 2001, Brighton mentalists The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster consist of singer Guy McKnight, guitarists Tristan McLenehan and Marc Norris, bassist Sym Gharial and drummer Tom Diamantopoulo. Since storming into the public conscious with debut album 'Horse of The Dog' in 2002, on the band's own No Death records, the band have become renowned for their ghoulish lyrics, fiendishly infectious horrorbilly and storming live shows. Following the release of their second album, 'The Royal Society', released in the UK in 2004, TEMBLD embarked on a typically spooky Hallowe'en- time tour, supported by two-piece Winnebago Deal. They released their EP, "In The Garden" in 2007. The hard copy was released with a bonus live album and Ouija Board.

With a sound unlike anything heard before, Eighties Matchbox are far impossible to categorise. More ghoulish and aestethically outrageous than even Marilyn Manson could hope to be. Be prepared for more bonkers noise-mongering with the release of their 3rd album set for release this year.
http://www.myspace.com/eightiesmatchboxblinedisaster

Formed in April 2008, House Of Dolls are a Dublin City 4 piece with a lust for brain blistering sonic chaos and blissful psychedelic shoegaze. February 09 will see the band record their debut EP in Berlin with a view to an early Summer release.
http://www.myspace.com/houseofdollsofficial

Legion of Ape are a Dublin 3-piece band who play a heavy mix of Alternative Rock and Post-Punk.The band began in a damp garden shed in 2006 when Brother's James and Brian Edwards decided to work together after other music projects through the years. Leigh Fitzpatrick slotted in on bass as the 3rd member of the band after original bass player John Quinn moved on to pastures new. Legion Of Ape have been gigging constantly on the Dublin circuit in such places as The Academy, Eamonn Doran's, The Sugar Club, Voodoo, The Hub, The Mezz, McGruder's, The Bleu Note among others. In June 2008, Legion of Ape played a successful show at the Glastonbury Festival in England, on the Leftfield Stage.

The band are currently gearing up to self-release their debut single 'Decelerator' which will be released over the couple of months and followed by a second single 'Electrobution' later in the year.The band hope to have world domination by early 2010!
http://www.myspace.com/legionofape

Fundraiser night for Concern's Tanzania Trek
www.concern.net

Dont think it was as i expected tbh.
The crowd, where did they all come from like? There were no posters put up until the day of the gig I think.

To the little cunt that was trying to rip off the pedals from the stage and stick em in your skanky Champion sport jacket.. youre a complete cock and I hope you got raped by Giant Haystacks on the way home.

To the little cunt that was trying to rip off the pedals from the stage and stick em in your skanky Champion sport jacket.. youre a complete cock and I hope you got raped by Giant Haystacks on the way home.

I didn't see that? No way! Little prick! :mad:

As despicable an act as that was I have to defend Giant Haystacks because he is sadly no longer with us and was a thorough gentleman when I met him as a lad, an encounter which taught me never to judge anyone by their wrestling persona.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back