Edinburgh Fringe Festival (1 Viewer)

Gambra

Anarchic Harmonics
Website
www.noisenotmusic.org
Anyone ever go? How long did you head over for? It's on from the 3-25 August this year and I'd love to head over.. Are hotels crazy expensive or it there like short term flat hire available, something cheap anyway.

dont know about price of hotels
spent a summer there a few years ago.
landlords do hike up the price for appartments over the summer months. two or three times the usual rate. charge what they want basically.

my flatmate has been looking into accomodation for his mates for this. Most of the hostels he's tried are all fully booked already, especially at the start of august.

my mam and dad stayed here when they came over to visit. dunno what the prices are like but they are a really nice alternative to the hotel/hostel route

http://www.fountaincourtapartments.com/

haven't had a good look at the programme yet myself. tennents have pulled out as gig sponsers so the music side of things is a little weak

Don't stay at the Herald House Hotel, not nice people.

I came down for Breakfast at 9.55 spent a minute talking to my friends at another table and when I finally caught the eye of the bitch arsehole waitres she says "it's gone 10 breakfast is finished" what the fuck "I was here before 10, you saw me talking here, I was waiting for you".

Sister staid there for the fringe festival.
"When do we check out"
"11 but youre OK up to 12"
"OK"

Came down a 11.55

"we're charging you for another day"

The girl who's card they charged (who's uncle was minister for tourism at the time) rang on the Moday to sort it out.The manager "as a courtesy" refunded half the extra charge.

SHOWER OF PRICKS
STAFF COMPLETEY OUT OF CONTROL
SMALL & POKEY

DONT STAY THERE.

(it's now my mission on life to remind anyone going to Edinburgh not to stay there and to put bad reviews on every site I can)

was at this for a few days last year, hotel was ridiculously expensive as far as i remember and a lot of places were booked up. well worth a trip though the place was buzzing. just asked the staff who were working for the festival to recommend stuff to go to and they were spot on every time. david lynch gave a talk there last year but missed it, godammit!

You pretty much have to book rooms several months in advance.Or you could cultivate an emergency friendship with an Edinburgh native.

It is deadly though, even if getting somewhere to put your head down is a fucking nightmare.

Was in staying in Edinburgh for the fringe a few years back, dunno bout accomodation cos I always stay with friends when I head back, but its well worth going over, the place is buzzin in August. If you go over early theres generally loadsa free tickets for the first few shows. I was always too poor to go to any of the stuff at the Fringe so I didn't get to go to many of the shows, but the atmosphere in the city is great and you can drink pretty much 24 hours a day.
The T on the fringe gigs were usually pretty good, shame they're not doing it again this year.

triptych is gone too. T in the park must be bringing in the bacon for them so they're phasing out the smaller stuff. speaking of bacon, if yiz are stalling over bring proper rashers:)

I was thinking of heading up for a bit, got cheap train tickets from Brighton to Edinbourgh..

yea- going on friday. never been before and havent a clue what to go and see so please give me some tips! the only thinkg i really wanted to see (Stewart Lee) is sold out...

Go to see his old comedy partner Richard Herring who's doing loads up there. As well as his own show Christ on a Bike, he's doing a live AIOTM (his podcast show which if you've not done already you should download) and a series of live Collings and Herrin shows (his other podcast with Andrew Collins which is very hit and miss)

Go to see his old comedy partner Richard Herring who's doing loads up there. As well as his own show Christ on a Bike, he's doing a live AIOTM (his podcast show which if you've not done already you should download) and a series of live Collings and Herrin shows (his other podcast with Andrew Collins which is very hit and miss)

All listed here.
http://www.richardherring.com/gigs/

Think I'll do the Christ On A Bike one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back