east timor (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
Re: picture a week (idea)

hi guys. you should all take a moment if you can to check out my colleague's latest portfolio. he just returned from east timor and some of his snaps are here.
for a young guy - 23/24 i think - he's got some extraordinary talent. i think these are a hybrid of exceptional beauty and tragedy.
anyway, enjoy.

http://www.eddieadamsworkshop.com/usr/usr-show?U_ID=U0000DD2.pFldeEc

This ones proper amazing:

gaza18.jpg

absolutely.

the one of the guy with whip scars on his back:

"...Inshalla, Welcome to Gaza. says: (12:57:39 AM)
yeah...he is oen that got kidnapped...
La La says: (12:57:58 AM)
by who?
...Inshalla, Welcome to Gaza. says: (12:58:34 AM)
by fatah. he was just driving in his car and he had something from hamas in his car. he is just a normal guy not a fighter but they didnt care"

Fucked up, sounds very similar to Ra shit.

For those who don't follow the link:

gaza00b.jpg

dom says since he's arrived he has had to hide his camera and grow a beard. and that noone wants the pictures because its not an israel vs palestine thing

gaza08.jpg

That ones absolutely amazing. I keep being dran to his face in the rear view mirror and directly to the right to the rifle. Brilliant. He still there?

yup, still there. i dont even think hes stringing for AFP - he just went out there as a freelancer.
i really love his photography - he has a way of capturing incredibly personal and intimate moments without you feeling like he was there.

i concur with all the gushing praise on this site. would like to know some of the process behind the pictures though. I think the use of darkness in his images is incredible and would like to know (technically) how it was done. Is it just that he has a really good camera with loads of photoshop tricks? Does he use filters/polarizers? Or is he just at one with the camera?

I went to the wildlife photographer of the year exhibit in London at the weekend and each photo was accompanied by the specs of the shot i.e. what camera/lens/aperture/flash etc. I found it very informative, and some amazing shots as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/..._wildlife_photographer_of_the_year/html/3.stm

Ditto to the above, would love to know more details on the shots whether loads of photoshop was involved or just clever flash use.

Those nature shots are amazing too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back