Dublins (or your citys) Most Infuriating Streets (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
Nassau Street has always really enraged me because all of the shops/business are shit (reads, the kilkenny design store, the celtic record shop, the shitty easons - the list goes on) and the foot paths are so narrow and busy that it takes about 3 times as long to travel the same distance down nassau street as it would to walk the same distance on grafton street. the trinity side should be grand but all the bus stops mean that people are always stepping out in front of you and blocking your way. I made the mistake of walking down there today to look for birthday cards (i had to buy three and i had to go to three different shops to get suitable ones).

dublin_shop.jpg

I'm cheap so I buy all my magazines in Reads.

Anyways Nassau Street is also home to the Sound Cellar, so it's not all bad.

I agree whole-heartedly, and for the exact same reasons, that Nassau St is shit.

I'd add in that the bins are never emptied either and the litter around them as a result, is a disgrace. Plus its where all those cream crackers went rioting that time and turned the car upside-down on the path and burned it. The scorchmarks are still there. And whats with that smell that comes out of Subway? No sandwich smells like that. Makes me suspicious as hell to know what really goes on in there.

On the plus side, I love a cappacheeno out of Butlers on a winters day. And a zumo on a summers day too.

Billy Connolly once did a skit about the traffic island at the junction of nassau st and dawson st. I can' t remember what it was about. Something like that he got stranded on it for days. I can't remember if it was funny or not.

Nassau St is shit. It should follow the great example set by Clare St.

Nassau st. is shit.
Thomas st. is shit.
On a bike, hell is Amiens st. (taxi's/cyclists/bumpy road), and Westland Row (pedestrians/cyclists).

6th avenue round where I work is a bastard.
You are either hooring along the middle of it, baiscally flat out doing about 30mph whipping in and out of the traffic like some fucker doing the sprint at the end of a Tour de France stage.
Or you are being doored and cut up to ribbons by every taxi and bus in sight down the side of it.

Today i had a bus rally past me, and then literally skid sideways to a halt in front of me. Smoke all over the shop.
I slip down the inside, and give him a fowler look. But then he catches up with me, opens the door, (we are doing about 25mph at this point) and is laughing saying he saw me, and he wasn't trying to hit me.

I am trying to be pissed off with him, but you can't be pissed of with Trinidadian wise bois even when you want to be.
And the whole of fucking Manhattan is throwing mickey fits behind us because we were only doing 25 for about four blocks.

Then he stopped for lights and I rallied through a load of startled pedestrians.

I hate everything about Grafton street. From the people overcrowding it , the groin high bollards you don't see until it's too late and the the break your neck slippy white tiles.

It's for cunts

the break your neck slippy white tiles.

Those things are lethal, what on earth were they thinking.

I dislike Nassau Street considerably, particularly during the Summer when it is crowded with meandering tourists. Not a big fan of Dame Street either. Trying to make your way down it through the crowds of people waiting for the bus, or at night through the under dressed who've over imbibed :mad:

6th avenue round where I work is a bastard.
You are either hooring along the middle of it, baiscally flat out doing about 30mph whipping in and out of the traffic like some fucker doing the sprint at the end of a Tour de France stage.
Or you are being doored and cut up to ribbons by every taxi and bus in sight down the side of it.

ah, it is you so!!

[video=google;-3123908086916868348]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3123908086916868348[/video]

One time a wopman called in to Joe Duffys show to speak toe Senator David Norris to commend him; "North Great Georges Street is so neat and tidy , they keep it lovely, the gays"

We need more gays on Dublins streets- especially Marlborough Street, the shifty, smelly and prone to violence tramp of Dublins streets

I meant sth. Great Georges St. with all the yuppies and the coffee and stupid stupid stupid road users.

I know, the gays have ruined that street

It needs a higher skanger element

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back