dublin students wikipedia experiment (1 Viewer)

I dunno, people might start wanting an opinion they can trust.

I'm trying to apply what's in this article in regards archaeology

http://arstechnica.com/science/news...heology-by-killing-the-antiquities-market.ars

(with the long version here: http://www.archaeology.org/0905/etc/insider.html)

to print media and the internet. Basically, there's so much rubbish out there that no one can trust any of it.

Which brings me back to peer-reviewed journals.

Someone make my argument for me, I have to get back to work

oh, and to further my rant, when the journo's have to fill up feature space, they invariably have look for more attention grabbing stories to sell units, further sapping time for actually being a journalist.

advertisers control on average 75% of the income of newspapers as a general rule. this money is spent on space, front page, back page and middle being most expensive. the space left over from ads is what journo's have to work with. not counting feature writing, for example if theres a feature on weddings, they've sold ad's to maybe 15-20 wedding related business, dress makers, cakes and hotels etc. then there is an expectancy to have literature along with these ads to give the feature some weight. over all this might occupy a few pages, and occupy a journalist for half a day to piece together something about weddings. so basically journo's have to spend a lot of their time writing features to please the advertisers. this has sort of evolved more recently into a vague load of shit called 'lifestyle', where advertisers can fling any product at a lifestyle magazine that involves, well living. soooo... i'd consider when most writers are spending hours on features every week to satisfy the financial needs of the paper/mag, they are edited in the sense of only having half a week to do a weeks real journalism. cool tin foil hat pic by the way.

what know you of the illuminati, brother?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back