• Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
Anyone out there who can do Drupal theming?

i.e. given a design/layout, create a (or modify an existing) Drupal theme that looks like it?

check out artisteer.com

Creates themes for drupal, joomla, WP etc etc ...
very simplified and quite customisable

Hey .. thanks for that. It looks interesting. I have a specific layout that I need to turn into a Drupal theme so this might do the job all right ...

Do you know what restrictions there are on the Free Trial version? Or am I going to have to shell out the 129 bucks if it turns out to be the thing I need?

Have you used it yourself?

Hey .. thanks for that. It looks interesting. I have a specific layout that I need to turn into a Drupal theme so this might do the job all right ...

Do you know what restrictions there are on the Free Trial version? Or am I going to have to shell out the 129 bucks if it turns out to be the thing I need?

Have you used it yourself?

I have to warn you that the trial version is very heavily watermarked !
(ie unusable)

but you will find a torrent for a cracked copy that removes the watermarking. (which is what I have)

If you're planning on using it for business purposes, it would be €100 + well spent imho

I got sick of hacking joomla templates myself

Been playing around with this. It seems really good. Thanks.

The one irritating thing is ..... you know the way you use "Suggest A Design" to get a starting point from which to tweak to what you want? I found a reasonably good one straight off the bat after four or five clicks. But, the application crashed soon after and I hadn't saved it.

Now, I can't find the design I want. There doesn't seem to be a way to navigate through them one-by-one. You have to click the "Suggest A Design" button which just chooses one at random. I've been clicking for ages and can't retrieve the one I need ... annoying.

Been playing around with this. It seems really good. Thanks.

The one irritating thing is ..... you know the way you use "Suggest A Design" to get a starting point from which to tweak to what you want? I found a reasonably good one straight off the bat after four or five clicks. But, the application crashed soon after and I hadn't saved it.

Now, I can't find the design I want. There doesn't seem to be a way to navigate through them one-by-one. You have to click the "Suggest A Design" button which just chooses one at random. I've been clicking for ages and can't retrieve the one I need ... annoying.

:)
It aint perfect, but it made my life a hell of a lot easier.
I was sick of trying to hack other templates out there

:)
It aint perfect, but it made my life a hell of a lot easier.
I was sick of trying to hack other templates out there

No, it's really good. However, the Mac beta version is well flaky. I made a theme which worked fine on the test site but went bananas when I uploaded it to the live one. Worked perfectly with the Windows version of Artisteer though.

I suppose I am going to have to pay for it now ........

No, it's really good. However, the Mac beta version is well flaky. I made a theme which worked fine on the test site but went bananas when I uploaded it to the live one. Worked perfectly with the Windows version of Artisteer though.

I suppose I am going to have to pay for it now ........

I know from using it for Joomla, that it does not always behave as expected, if you don't publish a "Top Menu" within Joomla.

It's possible that there could be similar things in Drupal.

I'd recommend you have a good look at whatever template you export for Drupal and see if there is any kind of "Readme" document included in there with any Drupal specific instunctions...

Once I did the same, my templates behaved normally

I have it working more or less perfectly now. Shelled out the money and it was well worth it. It really is a deadly piece of software. Thanks again.

Drupal is a content management system (CMS) like Joomla or (to some extent) Wordpress. It's mainly aimed at building websites that are going to have multiple users contributing content (e.g. news, blogs, forums) like, for example, this one. You control what it looks like through a thing called a Theme, which is basically a set of CSS files.

You can borrow a theme from someone else .. there's lots of free ones available, but you may not find one that looks the way you want it to look.

You can make one yourself, but to do that you are going to have to spend time learning how to do so.

Or, you can use something like Artisteer that provides you with an easy enough way of building one without having to learn details of how the theming works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back