Drums (cost in IRE$) ? (1 Viewer)

jesusburger

Kia ora, wondering if anyone
knows what I would pay for a pearl export kit there (new or 2ndhand)?
...might be moving over (from downunder) soon so am wondering if I should send my kit if it works out cheaper..?
Thanks, k

well i paid about £750 for mine...i'd say you could get 1 a little cheaper. And as for second hand ones...i'd say between £350-£500. hope thats helpfull.....

Thanks that gives me a bit of an idea, quite attached to my kit
which is sad I know (it's cos I'm a big girls blouse, all emotional and silly, can't be helped)..while I'm at it a couple of other questions, have you any muso placement sites there? And is there much sound engineering work about? Ta, K

our drummer just bought a new pearl export with cases for IR£1700 - but it's one of those small jobs with the big sound and the floor tom on the cymbol stand

wow that sound s sort of expensive for what you're describing, i got a pearl export in 'Musician' for £700 (with crap cymbals), 3 years ago. i've got better cymbals, but the kit is still in very great shape. also i prefer the floor tom seperate so i thats why i got it there...
'instrumental' on the liffey have been great when i've been buying cymbals: good price and you can haggle! (to a point)

If anyone's up that way, Beat It/Danny Wallace in Blackrock, near Dundalk is good for secondhand stuff, drums and otherwise. And friendlier than Dublin shops. Don't have a number handy. Just follow the signs to Blackrock.
It's not a big place.

i used to think beat it were great until they didnt fix my amp at all when i sent it back to them
jerks.

still great prices and selection and you'd be a fool not to try them first when buying 'gear'

andy

Oh?
Dudley had told me they'd fixed your amp.
And Beardy's guitar keeps having unexplainable string breaks.
Maybe they're shite then.
Ah well.

lorcanzo (16-02-2001 11:48 a.m.):
wow that sound s sort of expensive for what you're describing, i got a pearl export in 'Musician' for £700 (with crap cymbals), 3 years ago. i've got better cymbals, but the kit is still in very great shape. also i prefer the floor tom seperate so i thats why i got it there...
'instrumental' on the liffey have been great when i've been buying cymbals: good price and you can haggle! (to a point)

it was worth it though .. damn fine state of the art Pearl Export that has very small toms etc and can fit on a small stage - with a big sound. The cases were expensive enough - I think the kit itself was about £1100. I'll tell our drummer about 'instrumental' :D

joss (16-02-2001 03:04 p.m.):
Oh?
Dudley had told me they'd fixed your amp.
And Beardy's guitar keeps having unexplainable string breaks.
Maybe they're shite then.
Ah well.

na - i got it back from them, same problem - they didnt do shit with it - i was a tad dissapointed
i fixed it myself
then it died a few weeks later. then it worked again. now it hums. must really go get it seen to......

jesusburger (14-02-2001 04:16 a.m.):
...might be moving over (from downunder) , k
Kia ora, hmmm, you wouldent happen to be a kiwi would you?
If your about the christchurch area on sat 3rd of march I'm playing (omelette) at the wunderbar in lyttleton... we could talk about dublin and er..drums

ommo (17-02-2001 11:46 p.m.):
jesusburger (14-02-2001 04:16 a.m.):
...might be moving over (from downunder) , k
Kia ora, hmmm, you wouldent happen to be a kiwi would you?
If your about the christchurch area on sat 3rd of march I'm playing (omelette) at the wunderbar in lyttleton... we could talk about dublin and er..drums

Yeah I am a Kiwi but living in Sydney Australia...ChCh is a fair hike from Dublin!
I'd be interested to hear your band and how you found playing in NZ compared to Dublin...just the one show? I got a work visa yesterday so hope to be over in May, currently playing in a band here but the
scene sucks and I need a change. K

transL8R (15-02-2001 12:35 p.m.):
our drummer just bought a new pearl export with cases for IR£1700 - but it's one of those small jobs with the big sound and the floor tom on the cymbol stand
Sheesh that's more than my life is worth!
K

Yeah I am a Kiwi but living in Sydney Australia...ChCh is a fair hike from Dublin!
I'd be interested to hear your band and how you found playing in NZ compared to Dublin...just the one show? I got a work visa yesterday so hope to be over in May, currently playing in a band here but the
scene sucks and I need a change. K[/quote]

Well dude, as you can see from this site the scene in Dublin is booming(booming?), Oh how I miss it so, cant wait to get back and gigging again. ChCh just dosent compare, its all fuckin drum and bass here, although Garageland are playing this weekend Yay, but thats the only decent thing to come up cince Ive been here 3 months ago.. To make matters worse, those fuckin gobshites Zed are headlining Ugh..
Little pricks make me sick.. and dont get me started on killing heidi..
Oh large mound, joan of arse, dot creek, dud corp, rednecks, estel et al, oh how I miss yee all...
Anyhoo, when you get to dublin, your in for a treat..
Theres a couple of more gigs coming up for me before I go, what with orientation and all, also I want to get back down to duneeden, it was dead when I was there a few weeks ago...

ommo (20-02-2001 06:10 a.m.):
scene sucks and I need a change. K

Well dude, as you can see from this site the scene in Dublin is booming(booming?), Oh how I miss it so, cant wait to get back and gigging again. ChCh just dosent compare, its all fuckin drum and bass here, although Garageland are playing this weekend Yay, but thats the only decent thing to come up cince Ive been here 3 months ago.. To make matters worse, those fuckin gobshites Zed are headlining Ugh..
Little pricks make me sick.. and dont get me started on killing heidi..
Oh large mound, joan of arse, dot creek, dud corp, rednecks, estel et al, oh how I miss yee all...
Anyhoo, when you get to dublin, your in for a treat..
Theres a couple of more gigs coming up for me before I go, what with orientation and all, also I want to get back down to duneeden, it was dead when I was there a few weeks ago...[/quote]
Yeah I've been in Oz for 6 years so I'm a bit out of touch with NZ (north girl too) ...but yeah it's probably about as inspiring as Sydney is these days...but when I was a wee tacker I managed to see many fine bands...NZ that is Oz is still a little hung on dumbpubrock ah whats wrong with the kiddies today...kill heidi alright...grrruff...Gobshites indeed, like that ..might use it next time I'm at a party surrounded by ..... eek.
K

ommo (21-02-2001 06:36 a.m.):
a wee tacker???

...ah that's a kiwi-ism for
'younger' ... I'm old now should've signed in as Old Ma Rock...probably should'nt be lugging a kit anywhere might smash a hip...so when do you go back to Dublin, bet you're looking forward to a temperature drop...K

lorcanzo,
really fuckin difficult man, there is no live music scene here anymore, long gone are the good old days of flying nun(like I was here for it!), if you can DJ drum n bass then your sorted...
unless your a notorious Finn brother (crouded house) then you hardly get a look in!
If you get a gig while your here fair play to yeh, theres a few good venues, the jetset, the wunderbar, the dux, if you can get them on a good night, then go for it...
still, you wont regret coming to NZ for a visit, the place just rocks, Glaciers, penguins, bunjy jumps etc...
And with your Irish pound youll be a wealthy motherfucker down here...
ommo

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back