Drummers (1 Viewer)

Janer

Website
www.youtube.com
Was reading a profile on Jet Black of The Stranglers when I came across this...
"During a long career in music, Black, like many other drummers, became aware of certain practical limitations inherent in the basic kit design and set about addressing the issue in the form of the now [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent"]patented[/ame] 'Jet Black Power Bass Drum Pedal'. This has brought new freedoms of comfort and technical feasibility to drummers. The 'Jet Black Power Bass Drum Pedal' enables the bass drum to be placed anywhere and yet remain playable"
Anyone from here ever use one of them or are they mad expensive or are they just basically "cheating" and non raw like?

Anyone from here ever use one of them or are they mad expensive or are they just basically "cheating" and non raw like?
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
bizarre.
like those guitar players cheating with their amplifiers and distortion pedals you mean?

Donno, I know sweet FA about any instruments, although i can tell the diff between a Bass and Guitar ;p

Was waiting on a informative reply. :)

Janer,basically its the sort of piece of kit steamers use.

Or one man bands

I reckon I might have a peddle shortly.But who cares?

Yea. If its what im thinking of ive played one. Its just like a pedal, with a flexi coil coming out of it leaving onto a pedal on the bass drum. No need really unless you own a 40 foot kit.
It could just be a double kick pedal tho, without a picture i dont know :O

Jet Black is a great drummer, goin to see the stranglers on 13th October, should be a good gig, their new album is class aswell as is all their other stuff.

Jet Black:

2751310340_a996e8458d.jpg

Gazzer:

blackandwhitexJET.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back